case vac needs more power

/ case vac needs more power #1  

case man

Tractor
Case 1030/930 and Vac-14
Hello friends.. I found an old vac-14 in the weeds and restored it to like new condition...Looks good runs good ...Last month I found another vac and it is in very very bad shape and would like to tractor pull it as my other one only has a 128ci motor and I can't keep up with the 142ci to 188ci motors in the 3800 pound tug (old style pulling) pulls...If anyone has any ideas on any 4cyl. case engines that would work(adapter plate or not) or any way to get more out of the little motor it would be much appreciated...As of now I'm the laughing stock of the family after the long night at the county fair....Our classes are 2800 - 3800-5100-7200-9000-12000-14500...My 1030 does really good in the 12000..
Any help would be great ..Please email (one.feather@yahoo.com) Thanks.Rod

/ case vac needs more power #2  
I think the early VAC had a different motor than the later one. Having said that, basic hot rodding ought to work: raise the compression (shave the head), change out the distributor advance -- and put a better intake and exhaust on it. Port the head, etc. As I recall, the VA series doesn't do well in tractor pulls for the weight class it falls into. I Think it is a bit heavy for the engine (weight is what sets the class, not weight to hp). 21 hp only goes so far. Mine had big old diamond flotation tires. I never even considered it. But consider this -- someone has to pay for the trophies!