Tires Flat tire on my Case 45

/ Flat tire on my Case 45 #1  

DH44

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case DX45
Dang mesquites did my front tire a number. I couldn't get enough air into it to seal the bead back up so I brought it into town and had them plug it and added some Slime in it and filled it back up- voila. Now the question- if I want to slime the other one, should I leave it as is and let the air out, install the slime and pump it back up, or should I use a jack and support the weight of it and keep it from flattening out before sliming it?
Thanks

/ Flat tire on my Case 45 #2  
Slime is only a temporary fix at best. Why do you not just put tubes in and be done with it?

/ Flat tire on my Case 45 #3  
Dang mesquites did my front tire a number. I couldn't get enough air into it to seal the bead back up so I brought it into town and had them plug it and added some Slime in it and filled it back up- voila. Now the question- if I want to slime the other one, should I leave it as is and let the air out, install the slime and pump it back up, or should I use a jack and support the weight of it and keep it from flattening out before sliming it?
Thanks

Jack it up to be certain you don't break the bead. If you have a FEL, use it. Unlike fix a flat Slime will last for years. You might need to retreat in 5 years, but it should do the job.

/ Flat tire on my Case 45 #4  
I suggest jacking up the front or using the FEL as suggested. Slime is excellent for mesquite thorns. I would put at least a quart in each tire. I also have bought a product that's purple from my dealer that actually has little bits of rubber in it. A trick to get your tire back on the bead is to use a rachet tie-down strap in the middle of the tire. Cinch it down very tight and soap the bead good by using a hand-pump spray bottle with dish soap and water. You'll still need a compressor with good airflow to set the bead. You can use the ether and lighter method also, but I'll let somebody else describe that method.

/ Flat tire on my Case 45
Got the first tire/wheel back on then jacked up the other one. Unscrewed the valve stem, let the air out ans squeezed in 2 bottles of Slime. Aired it back up- no problems. Good to go. I've got a Mule and a 4-wheeler that are all slimed up and haven't had a flat yet. Now I have to get some gallon jugs for the back tires............

/ Flat tire on my Case 45 #6  
I'm having better luck with the bullet proof stuff from Gemplers than I am with slime. The tires I've slimed still leak from thorns - but the golf buggy that I bullet proofed - no problems. I have a riding lawn mower with a flat that I need to fix right now... this weekend sometime....I'm sure it's just a thorn I need to pull & plug.