Gold Member
    Tractor
    TC 21D & Farmall 100

Default Not many DX Compacts out there

It doesn't seem like there are many DX compacts being sold. I am surprised, I kind of thought they would really take off. I have always liked "red", my first tractor was a farmall A.

Default Re: Not many DX Compacts out there

I almost bought a D40. Liked the tractor. Dealer price quote was $800.00 cheaper than the TC40 dealers price quote. Bought a JD 4600 instead. Better dealer incentives made it possible for me to purchase a one size larger (HP rating) tractor "package" with more options (ie. foldable ROPS, extendable links, tilt steering, FEL w/6' bucket instead of 5' and a 6' cutter instead of a 5'). Case dealer also informed me that the dealer incentive were going down in August so the tractor price would be going up $600.

Around here I tell people that if they are going at buying a "Boomer" they need to go see the Case dealer in Nome, Texas first.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TC 21D & Farmall 100

It's too bad the Case division doesn't seem to be "pushing " the red "Boomers" [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

We have a local Case IH dealer and there has been this red 'boomer' sitting there for over a year and a half. I go by there every day and it doesn't get moved. But then, in the year 2000 the manager was saying they only sold one big farm tractor that entire year. Doesn't sound too healthy. There seem to be a lot of red tractors on the farms in this area too. go figure

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TC 21D & Farmall 100

You wonder how that dealer stays in business.

Tractor
    John Deere X585 4WDq

Hopefully he is doing allot of repairs. But I have to agree how long can they stay afloat with no sales going on?