Price Check IH 485 reasonable price?

/ IH 485 reasonable price? #1  

dwhiteykc

Found a 1986 IH 485 with only 1600 hours. Was a state highway department machine, well maintained, and has a sickle mower included. I need to mow about 6 acres of pasture and more importantly, a pond dam (and don't feel like getting wet!). Can anyone tell me if this is a good price and if it would fit my needs? I'm a new guy, mechanically inclined, but never owned my own tractor - how does this line rank for ease of maintenance/repair? Or should I steer away from the independent PTO as I'll have to do some manuevering around the pond & outbuilding, etc?

Thanks

/ IH 485 reasonable price? #2  
Hi, I guess I dont see how much they are asking but I picked up a 1987 Case Ih 585 with deluxe cab with ac and 5200 hrs at auction for 5200. I too mow about six acres so it is way overkill for me but Im glad I bought it. It also was a county mowing tractor

/ IH 485 reasonable price? #3  
fwiw,
We bought one right after Case took over International along with a 2294. The 2294(read Red CASE) was a grand POS that was plagued with fuel problems it's entire short life as a plating tractor. The 485 not sits under the barn with less than 1600 hours on it and I bet my uncle would make you a deal. It has been a hydraulic nightmare and was tasked with nothing more than post driving and running drains... Take it from my uncle, it is the worst tractor, that has ever been on the farm...

Regards, Matt.

Btw, Happy to hook you up if you are serious. He would love to get rid of it...

/ IH 485 reasonable price? #4  
Found a 1986 IH 485 with only 1600 hours. Was a state highway department machine, well maintained, and has a sickle mower included. I need to mow about 6 acres of pasture and more importantly, a pond dam (and don't feel like getting wet!). Can anyone tell me if this is a good price and if it would fit my needs? I'm a new guy, mechanically inclined, but never owned my own tractor - how does this line rank for ease of maintenance/repair? Or should I steer away from the independent PTO as I'll have to do some manuevering around the pond & outbuilding, etc?

Thanks

If it is a Farm color tractor (red) I sell those around $6500. Super nice tractors. My Operations Manager, has had 1 for many years and loves it. With Yellow paint $4500 would be pushing it? Ken Sweet