3-Point Hitch IH 574 3 point hitch

/ IH 574 3 point hitch #1  

jameseh

IH 574 3 point hitch

When the tractor is started the three point hitch will go all the way up and won't drop down. The 3 point will "leak" to its lowest point in about 24 hours when the tractor is not running. When it is started again, it rises back up; it will lift the bush hog. The steering, brakes and loader all work fine. The fluid shows full on the dipstick, I have changed the hydraulic filter.

With the bush hog on the tractor I can move the drift lever to the full rear position and it might drop an inch, there is no consistency but the movement usually occurs at the top position. Moving the position control or the rise response lever to the forward or rear position has no effect on anything.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

/ IH 574 3 point hitch #2  
According to my I&T shop manual, the 3 pt. lowering very slowly could caused by one of three things: 1:action control valve spool or piston sticking,or 2:action control valve linkage maladjusted, or 3: drop poppet valve "O" ring damaged.
Since the lift arms raise when you start up the tractor makes me think that the action control piston is sticking. The action control valve and the lift cylinder assembly is located under the seat.
If you don't have one, I would recommend getting a shop repair manual for your tractor. The I&T shop manual I have is number IH203.
Hope this helped.