New Case JXU 85 delivered!!!!

/ New Case JXU 85 delivered!!!! #1  

Red Beast

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case JXU 85; Kubota B1550HST
Finally, after a 3 month wait, my new red beast was delivered last week.
IMG_6058.JPG
Had a little play around on the weekend, familiarizing myself with all the features.
IMG_6082.JPG
Loving it so far.
IMG_6070.JPG

Did some troubleshooting yesterday for a blown fuse.
Also got a Challenge FEL and 4/1 bucket, Howard 7' extra heavy duty slasher, carry all.
IMG_6088.JPG
Have finished painting my used overhead diesel tank. Have new hose and fittings to add.
IMG_6087.JPG
Also salvaged a Maytag washer, gutted it, will get around to filling it and fitting it out to be my considerable rear ballast (720kg!!).
RB

/ New Case JXU 85 delivered!!!! #2  
I have the same tractor, except you have the newer model challenge loader. It's a great little tractor. I like the engine a lot - one of the best intercooled turbo diesel engines I have had anything to do with. It is smooth and is really good on fuel when just running about. Starts using a bit under full power, but I think it is a good comprimise between simplicity and efficiency. The only thing I really dislike about mine is the airconditioner hump being so low and square. I am 6'2" and I've hit my head quite a few times on it and it really fricken hurts.

I noticed your dealer was kind enough to set the rear wheels up with the wider track. I was wondering what it'd look like if I swapped the wheels to the other side, and now I can see on your tractor. Should make it a bit more stable on hills and gullies. Will have to do it.

/ New Case JXU 85 delivered!!!! #3  
Nice looking tractor. Congrats. It looks like about the same frame size as my TN75. For me, this is the right size and set up. Got a good 2000lbs+ lift capacity with the FEL. Overall heigth is good.

I like the looks of the the new Case. Smooth.

Attachments

• 2tractor 001.JPG
    2tractor 001.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 618
   / New Case JXU 85 delivered!!!!
The only thing I really dislike about mine is the airconditioner hump being so low and square. I am 6'2" and I've hit my head quite a few times on it and it really fricken hurts.

I noticed your dealer was kind enough to set the rear wheels up with the wider track.

Nice looking tractor. Congrats. It looks like about the same frame size as my TN75. For me, this is the right size and set up. Got a good 2000lbs+ lift capacity with the FEL. Overall height is good.

I like the looks of the the new Case. Smooth.

thanks guys.
I love the look of the Case, good proportions.
Only mild consideration of cab profile required in my case, as I'm 5'11'', but certainly the best cab for roominess of any I went in (except for the big MF).
Everything works well.
Wide wheel setup is a reassurance for me, more than anything.
Could have gotten by with something, but didn't need to.