3-Point Hitch Hydraulic Oil in a Case/DB 885

/ Hydraulic Oil in a Case/DB 885 #1  

jriggs10

Hey there, I am new to the forum, and fairly new to the tractor world. I just purchased a Case/DB 885 tractor that didn't come with a manual. The 3-pt hitch seems stuck in the 'up' position and i suspect it is because of the hydraulic oil. The oil wasn't in great shape so I want to drain and replace it. My question is WHERE!?!?!? There is a dipstick and a place to fill near the gear shifts, but I am assuming those are for gear lube. I have ordered a manual, but it won't be here for a couple weeks and i wanted to get started! Thanks for any help!

/ Hydraulic Oil in a Case/DB 885 #3  
Hey there, I am new to the forum, and fairly new to the tractor world. I just purchased a Case/DB 885 tractor that didn't come with a manual. The 3-pt hitch seems stuck in the 'up' position and i suspect it is because of the hydraulic oil. The oil wasn't in great shape so I want to drain and replace it. My question is WHERE!?!?!? There is a dipstick and a place to fill near the gear shifts, but I am assuming those are for gear lube. I have ordered a manual, but it won't be here for a couple weeks and i wanted to get started! Thanks for any help!

Your tractor has a common sump; transmission, rear differential and hydraulics check, drain and fill together. I use New Holland 134D in mine, ATF in the steering, and 80W-90 GL-5 in the final drives. The 3PT could be latched up. You might want to wait for more info from a 'DB pro' or your manual. Also, change the filter while you have the hyd oil drained.

/ Hydraulic Oil in a Case/DB 885 #4  
there is a valve inside the control valve assembly that sticks pretty regulary i just got redid of one that had the same problem and the valve was broke and it cost 2500 dollars so there was no reason for me to fix it cost there would be no profit left in it so i took my loss and moved on but other than that it was a good tractor

/ Hydraulic Oil in a Case/DB 885
Wow, that is a great link, that is very helpful, thanks! Now my lever is just a bit different, it has a handle and pushes up against the frame to open pull out the lever. I have tried it both ways, but the 3 pt still won't lower...any thoughts?

/ Hydraulic Oil in a Case/DB 885
Nevermind, I got it! I just didn't have it turned all the way...Thanks for the responses!