DX45 - Idling and squealing......

/ DX45 - Idling and squealing...... #1  

DH44

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case DX45
I have a 2009 DX45 with the full cab, etc. set up. When first cranked up and running, the power steering whines when turning the wheel for about the first 10-15 minutes. After that time, it goes away. Is this normal? I took it in for it's first service and it's still doing it......
Another "general" question. When you're out of and off the tractor and it will be a while before you get back to work, do you leave it idling or turn it off? Years ago we left ours idling for long periods while doing other chores. What's the consensus for the newer tractors? Shut it off or leave it running?

/ DX45 - Idling and squealing...... #2  
Curious if the pump issue may be low fluid but would think you would have other symtoms of that was the case. As far as idling, in cold weather I usually leave the tractor running just to keep fluid and engine temps warm but during warm temps shut it off when away for awhile. Don't imagine it hurts anything to leave it running other than burning a little fuel though. I have actually left my 25 hp tractor idling at about 500 rpm over night before and not even been able to tell I burned any fuel so it's pretty minimal to leave my admittedly smaller 3 cylinder compact idling.