NH hayliner 276 knotter

/ NH hayliner 276 knotter #1  

moun10viewfarm

Tractor
Kubota L-35 / Kioti DK65 / Johndeere 1530 / Ford 1500 4x4
Don't know if I'm posting in the right place but I'm having a few issues with the knotter on my Square baler. The left side knotter (looking at the baler from the back) doesn't always tie and let the knot go. When it does the knot doesn't hold. Any suggestions? I did turn it by hand and everything is in time and it does tie just not always. Comments? Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Peter

/ NH hayliner 276 knotter #2  
That kind of problem is hard to diagnose Try loosening the tension on your bale density or the twine may be too tight pulling thru the squeezer on the side of the twine box or you may have worn out knotters and need shop work performed on it?? Sometimes that problem never completely goes away. I have had balers that would tie 300 bales perfect and then miss 3 out of the next 10?? Ken Sweet

/ NH hayliner 276 knotter
Well I'll definately check those things. Would any different twine make a difference? Right now I'm using cecil twine for square balers... Think it's the 9,000 foot rolls #9 that TSC sells.

/ NH hayliner 276 knotter #4  
Well I'll definately check those things. Would any different twine make a difference? Right now I'm using cecil twine for square balers... Think it's the 9,000 foot rolls #9 that TSC sells.

Always use the very best twine you can find. Some of the cheaper twine seems to have thick and thin spots in it, and over time, it will drive you nuts. Ken Sweet