IH 3514 Loader/Hoe Power steering

/ IH 3514 Loader/Hoe Power steering #1  

Uncle914

Tractor
1985 Kubota L235, International Harvester Industrial 3514 Loader/backhoe
I am having a problem with the power steering on my International 3514. We purchased the machine used a number of years ago and it doesn't get used that much. It has never steered well, but this season I can not get it to steer at all. I broke the line to the steering damper/unit between the front wheels to check for pressure (well I literally broke it, it snapped while loosening!) and turned the wheels from side to side while the front end was lifted into the air. Very low pressure , so I am now in the process of removing the steering wheel to get into the steeing unit at dash. Everything is old and weathered so it is not an easy job. I was able to get the nut off with an impact gun, but my steering wheel puller needs longer arms to get the wheel off, which is in need of replacement too. My question, does anyone know how this system operates, can I rebuild the steering unit if necessary. Who has parts? Manuals? I live on the Eastern shore of Maryland. Thanks for any help in advance.

/ IH 3514 Loader/Hoe Power steering #2  
It sounds like you may have a problem in the bypass valve that switches from steering to hoe.(on the right side of the seat). Parts should not be hard to get fron a Komatsu dealer.Most of it are pretty much standard seals and o-rings.If you need info or a part number or scan on an item, let met know and I will see what i can get you.I have a few books. I may be able to find what you need.

/ IH 3514 Loader/Hoe Power steering
Ok, I guess I will check that before I pull the dash apart as I cannot find a wheel puller long enough. I will eventually have to pull that steering whell as it is falling apart.

Where is the best place to get a good comprehensive manual. I see alot of sights have them, but they alos break the manuals down into alot of areas, which i probably don't need. i was think of gettins some kind of parts manual which had schematics on how things go together, as well as the description and part number.

/ IH 3514 Loader/Hoe Power steering #5  
I usually check ebay when I need one and try to get a good original or Binder Books. Some of the places that sell copies are not that good (Jensales) and it will cost the same.The first one I usually get is a factory parts catalog,then an operators manual.The parts catalog is good for exploded diagrams and part numbers.The operator manual will give all the general specs.Then if I have a certain problem,like brakes, I get the supplement to cover the area I need.

Thanks

I am seeing parts manuals on Ebay listed as TC-112 and TC-122, which one do i want?

/ IH 3514 Loader/Hoe Power steering #8  
I have TC-112. I think the only thing different between the manuals is TC-112 also covers 3616 models and TC-122 is limited to 3514 part numbers. either way you should be ok.TC-112 just has a few more pages. The 3616 is the same tractor it just has a bigger engine.

Ok, thanks again. My tractor looks like yours, but with white wheels and the addition of a backhoe. I do not know what year the tractor is nor what size diesel engine it has. It has been modified over the years, not for the better, hence the need for the manual. I don't want to spend money unnecessarily. Just want it to run and work properly and safely.