case Farmall 55a series

/ case Farmall 55a series #1  

jallums77

Does anyone have or seen one of these tractors yet? I am interested in it.

/ case Farmall 55a series #2  
seen 2 looks good price about the same as jd 5055
no option made in india

/ case Farmall 55a series #3  
Does anyone have or seen one of these tractors yet? I am interested in it.

I have one, my first tractor. very easy to drive. shuttle shift 8f, 8r is easy to operate and mow with. have put 45 hours on it, and no problems other than gas pedal sticking, which was fixed by spraying lubricant on the throttle spring before using it. the tractor is left for extended periods of time without use, which maybe why the throttle was sticking. mine is 4wd, with a front end loader.

/ case Farmall 55a series #4  
I have a 2wd farmall 55a. I put 600ibls of weight on the rear wheels to try and keep it on the ground. Anyways I'm thinking bout trading for a 4wd but was wondering when u pick up a heavy load with the loader and try to back up is it impossible to keep the rearend on the ground?

/ case Farmall 55a series #5  
Like I said I have a 2wd 55a with a loader had it bout 6 months use it everyday has 850hrs on it now but it has alota power and is amazing on fuel unless ur plowing which is with any tractor

/ case Farmall 55a series #6  
I recently purchased the Farmall 55 with L360 loader. I love it, the only things I had to have the dealer address was the rear tires were too tight and the 3pt hitch would not spread far enough apart to allow some of my implements to be hitched. So they widened the wheels out 4", also some of them do not come from the factor with remotes and I added remotes. Other than that it is a great little tractor. It is my first tractor and I have used a lot of tractors growing up and borrowing friends and this one is very close to the top. It did not come with a cab only rops, that is one thing that I would like but it is 4x4 and that is a must as the tires on them are industrial tires and although they will last longer than the Ag tire they have less traction.

/ case Farmall 55a series #7  
They look very nice but I'm curious how long a 135ci engine would last under heavy use?

/ case Farmall 55a series #8  
They look very nice but I'm curious how long a 135ci engine would last under heavy use?

Since I'll be getting my new 55A early next month, I am hoping that you guys who have been operating yours for awhile can give some more input about these tractors.

My thought on the above quote: since I use my '08 Farmall 31 for everything around our 17 acres except lifting the large round bales (and pulling the 8430 round baler), I am suspecting this 55A will be a perfect fit for me. I needed to consolidate tractors so I am trading in the 706 and the 31 to get this 55A.

/ case Farmall 55a series #9  
Well I now have 100 hours (turn key hours) on this tractor. I have thrown everything I could at it and this is my honest opinion. I have horses and for water I use a 4x4x4 tank that when full of water is very very heavy. At first I would just put as much of it in the front bucket as possible and put two heavy rachet straps on it and go. The rear tires are not loaded so it made it very difficult to lift it up, I loaded the rear tires and now no troubles. I move 1000 lbs round bales with it and no problem. The PTO valve needed to be replaced under warranty of course, when it heated up it lever would not engage.
I live in Canada and had to install a coolant heater for cold starts, beefed up the lights as the factor lights are poor. If you lift anything with the loader it will block your headlights.
I added another set of remotes as well, all in all this little tractor has handled everything I could give it. the odd time I was a bit greedy and tried to take more of a bit out of the manure pile than I should of but that was the only thing, the loader would not lift it due to the shear weight. Mine is an open station and if I had a cab I would sleep in it.
The big fault that i found with it is the hour meter, instead of gathering hours when the rpm's reach 1500 it gathers hours once key is on. so if you forget to turn the key off you will have accumalated a lot of hours

/ case Farmall 55a series #10  
Savage, thanks for the info. When you say you beefed up the lights, are you saying you added lights? If so, where did you mount them? I know that is a problem that I have often pondered how I could fix it. Could you post pics of your tractor if you have added to it?

We live in So. Dakota and your comment about the coolant heater reminded me to contact the dealer to have him install one on this tractor too. Since I will be running a small round baler (Case IH 8430) I am having a 2nd set of remotes intalled also. I am also getting 600 lbs of weight for the rear wheels for handling the large round bales.