DX45 Top speed?

/ DX45 Top speed? #1  

DH44

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case DX45
I have a DX45 with the hydrostatic transmission- it's a 2009 with right at 100 hours on it.
Taking it to the shop a while back, I drove it 5 miles down the farm/county road and it was incredibly slow.
With it in high range and the "rabbit" on it still would only run about 12 miles per hour.
Is that it? or is there some hidden "turbo" button somewhere I don't know about?

/ DX45 Top speed? #2  
tractordada.com says the top speed is 13.6 mph so your aren't too far off. It also says the engine rated spreed is 2600, so it should turn up a little more than that. If your engine is running the spec speed I don't know what more you can do.

/ DX45 Top speed? #3  
12 mph is about right for a tractor that size. I've got a DX35 and it runs about the same. Wish it had a higher top speed, too! But it beats an old JD 6200 with baler I drove on the highway a while back. It maxed out at 9mph on a hot day with no A/C. :laughing:

/ DX45 Top speed?
Yeah, I recently had to have it in for service (rats chewed ths return ac hose- 750$ !!) and the blazing top speed was confirmed at the dealership. I had them load it up on the trailer because I would have had to stop for 2 meals in the 8 hours it seems like it takes to get there- 5 miles away!

/ DX45 Top speed? #5  
I have a 1978 464 diesel.
I tops out at 21 MPH.
Do you really want to go that fast on ag tires?
It gets lose as a goose on the blacktop at it's top speed.

/ DX45 Top speed? #6  
I had a TC45da same tractor, just color different and it was also slow, around 16-18kmh. Guess they aren't meant to be racing tractors:laughing:

/ DX45 Top speed? #7  
Should have gone with the gear option instead of the hydrostatic. I had a dx45 and it wasn't very fast but then traded in in on a dx60 that is gear driven and it runs down the road at 21 mph. Might think about that in the future.

/ DX45 Top speed? #8  
I have a DX33 Hydrostat. It has the R4 tires. Top speed at about 2700 rpm is about 10 MPH. I have questioned this before and have been concerned that something was wrong with mine. Would like to hear from others with this type of tractor.