DX40 Operator's Manual

/ DX40 Operator's Manual #1  

john4153

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case DX40
I finally bought a 2004 DX40, got it home, cleaned and waxed. So far, everything works. It is hydrostatic.

attachment.php

It has kind of an odd S/N HBA00066xx. Before purchase, I called CNH, and the service person found the number. He explained that when that tractor was produced, it was a new run , but they probably just used up the older serial numbers. :confused:

Anyway, I went to my local Case dealer to get an operator's manual. He could order one and his price seemed reasonable. The problem is that my serial number is not included in the span the manual covers, which begins with something like HBA0007xxx or higher. He could not find any listing for the earlier number. BTW, the loader and tractor numbers are consistent. The loader is an L160, which as best I can tell is not very common either. The CNH tech person said it was probably just a different vendor, but same as the LX116.

Does anyone know anything about the strange serial number or have access to that manual to see whether my tractor is covered? Does anyone use the TC40D or TC40DA manual for their Case? If so, which is closer?

Thanks.

John

Attachments

• Tractor_side.JPG
    Tractor_side.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,688
   / DX40 Operator's Manual #2  
The Case DX40 is the same machine as a New Holland TC40DA (without Supersteer), only painted a better color.