DX45 - suggestions on box blade size

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #1  

DH44

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case DX45
I have a 2009 DX45 with hydrostatic transmission. I'm looking for a box blade to do some smoothing of high spots and some road work. Will the 45 pull a 6' blade, or should I get a 5' one?
Thanks

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #2  
I am interested in the reply you get, I have a DX40 and wanted to get a 7 foot box blade for it I don't think 7 foot is too big but not sure. I don't think you would want to go smaller than 6 foot to cover the wheel tracks. I have a 7 foot angle blade and have no problem pulling it.

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #3  
If they are 45 hp and 4x4 Most people would choose a 7 ft HD box with them. I can price one out, if you like? Ken Sweet

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #4  
6-7 foot should work for you, but that size will depend on the weight of the box. I would get a 6 foot commercial duty box and that is going to weigh over a 1000lbs, if you were to get a 7 foot commercial duty at well over that weight, I doubt that you would have much luck using it. It would simply be to big and heavy for your tractor to make full use of it. If you decide to get something lighter, your tractor may handle it fine, but remember that weight is usually your friend when it comes to box blading.

Just my opinion, others will vary. ;)

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #5  
A six or seven will be fine. I have a super heavy woods 7ft. that my 40 hp tactor has no problem with. And a 5 would not cover your tracks.

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #6  
My DX45 easily handles a 6' box blade. I have pulled it through the woods, with the rippers down and the blade full of dirt, rocks and roots and it just keeps going. I would think a 7' would be no problem.

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #7  
some box blades go by inches. I need to trade up to a 66" that will clear the tires on my 30 hp new holland. So look around. you dont have to jump a foot at a time.
Army Grunt

/ DX45 - suggestions on box blade size #8  
I lucked out I just picked up a used Land Pride BB2572 box blade, hardly used for $500. It is a 6 footer, used it on the driveway last night, dug down pretty deep no problems pulling it with my DX40.