Farmall Series Tractors

/ Farmall Series Tractors #1  

brucew44guns

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 630
I'm still new to the forum, but have learned a lot from all of you. One thing I think I notice, is that Case-IH utility tractors are not talked up much here, at least I have not noticed much talk. I am going to get a utility tractor next year, around 90 HP with loader. I was starting to like the Farmall 95, and also the JD 5093 E. This forum has got my brain tuned in to that MF 2680 now as well. A guy lays down 50 K, it's only once in my life---that's for sure. Would like to think I will be overjoyed with the one I get. I guess I just havn't seen a lot of pro-IH talk here on the Farmalls. I have a great dealer for MF's, and IH's both. JD not so hot, and Kubota is too far away.

/ Farmall Series Tractors #2  
brucew44guns

I bought a new DX 45 with CAB (the cab is the best), a FEL and front end snow blower (all case). I'm very happy with the tractor. I looked at MF, Kubota, JD and others.The Case Farmall and the MF with a cab made my final choices. The cab on the Case and the Hydro trans. is what sold me. The dealer were I got my Farmall also sells Kubota, but I really like the Case. The cab on the Case Farmall is bigger than the others. I talked to a number of farmers in the area that have Case tractors and I only heard good things about Case. The dealer is very good in our area and that make a difference also. My guess on why there is not much talk about Case or MF is there is not much to complain about. Most Case and MF owners are happy:)

/ Farmall Series Tractors #3  
very happy with my JXU 85, with FEL, carryall, 7' slasher.
Have added a 600L sprayer with 4m booms, and just ordered a 2metre soil aerator.
Great tractor, spacious cab. Too much fun really!

/ Farmall Series Tractors #4  
Any thoughts on the new Farmall 40/45/50 cabs with the CVT transmissions? Anyone have one or know how they are?

/ Farmall Series Tractors #5  
Going to go look at them later this week. The closest dealer to me pushes his Kubota stock and is about two years behind on Case. The next closest dealer has a full inventory last time I past his shop. Assuming we have good weather I plan to run over there and check out some of the iron. Will report on what I find out.

/ Farmall Series Tractors #6  
I'm curious about experience w/ CVT also. Anyone care to offer?

/ Farmall Series Tractors #7  
Well I only have about 10 hrs on my new-to-me DX35 using my 68" flail and no complaints - love it.

/ Farmall Series Tractors #8  
I have a Farmall 40 CVT cab tractor. I,ve put about 70 hrs on in about 3 mounths. The biggest thing about the CVT is learnig how to correctly use the power. After about 10 hours in the seat and making changes in the tractor's programming, I am very pleased with the unit. Puts a lot more power to the ground than my hydro did. Hope this helps, God Bless.

Todd

/ Farmall Series Tractors #9  
I'm still new to the forum, but have learned a lot from all of you. One thing I think I notice, is that Case-IH utility tractors are not talked up much here, at least I have not noticed much talk. I am going to get a utility tractor next year, around 90 HP with loader. I was starting to like the Farmall 95, and also the JD 5093 E. This forum has got my brain tuned in to that MF 2680 now as well. A guy lays down 50 K, it's only once in my life---that's for sure. Would like to think I will be overjoyed with the one I get. I guess I just havn't seen a lot of pro-IH talk here on the Farmalls. I have a great dealer for MF's, and IH's both. JD not so hot, and Kubota is too far away.

I purchased a JX60 case tractor in Oct. 2009. I've had a few minor problems
with the rear brakes which were repaired by my local case dealer. Other than
that the unit has performed every task I've asked it to do with flying colors.
Just puchased a boss snow blade will see how it moves snow in conjunction
with my other equipment this winter

/ Farmall Series Tractors #10  
I own several MF's and a case CX100 and am verry happy with all of them. Guess im just a red man.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I almost forgot about my long tractor so i guess i have to throw in a shade of blue too lol.