Case IH 585

/ Case IH 585 #1  

jpgray52

Tractor
Case IH 585
Case IH 585 warning light. Need help.

I have a Case IH 585 that has a light that is coming on now on the instrument panel but I don't have a operators manual for it. Can anyone tell me what the symbol means for the one I have circled and also the one below it means and why it is coming on? It doesn't come on all the time but is starting to come on more frequently.

Attachments

• instruments.png
    instruments.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 13,287
Last edited:
   / Case IH 585 #2  
The circled light is your engine oil pressure warning light. It could be coming on more frequently because of low idle RPM or the oil is old and thinning out. What grad oil are you using? My manual says 30 weight.

The light below is your park brake engaged warning light. You don't want to drive with the brake on, the band is in the transmission and it will ruin the band and possibly chunks of the material will get in your multi-purpose valve.

/ Case IH 585
I just changed the oil this past spring time and I believe I put 30 weight in it. I will have to look for sure. I have been running it for a while and no issues then the light started coming on. It comes on even when I am running at about 1500 - 2000 RPMs. I wonder if it could be a bad sensor or I should change the oil again.

The one at the bottom left is the parking brake light right? What is the one on the bottom left there with the thermometer and gear? I was guessing transmission temperature warning.

/ Case IH 585 #4  
I'm sorry, I told you wrong. The bottom extreme left is the brake light along with the extreme end spaces on the top. The owner's manual says that spaces 2,4,7,9, and 10 aren't used on current tractors. The spaces are numbered 1-5 on top. The parking warning flashers are the end spaces and are not numbered so start with the second (Oil pressure) as number one. The bottom row is numbered 6-10. My manual is dated August '87 but my tractor is an '89. My tractor is a 385, but I think they are the same

If your oil pressure was bad I would think you would have engine trouble by now. If it were mine I would put a manual gauge on it or replace the sending unit. I guess it's possible that there is an intermittent ground in wire from the sending unit.

/ Case IH 585 #5  
holt50 I have a 585 case and probably all you need is a sending unit take yours off and go to autoparts store and match them up and I would about bet it takes care of it . mine has around 9000 hrs Ihad same problem good luck.