Thanks to TBN, troubles resolved

/ Thanks to TBN, troubles resolved #1  

Fanlo2300

Tractor
Case IH DX33
I just bought a 2003 DX33 last month, and I have been enjoying it a lot since.

I came to TBN to learn, and I am glad I did.

I have read a lot about tractors not starting, and hydraulic hoses bursting on DX33 and TC33, but I thought my tractor was immune... until last week-end.

On Saturday, after a few hours wood chipping (Bear Cat on PTO), I stopped for lunch. After an hour, the DX33 would not start. All safety swithces where ok, so I took a look at the fuse box and quickly found the 10 amp fuse blown. Replaced it and engine started immediately. Thank You TBN

The following day, I hooked the 60" rotary cutter and proceeded to mow some tall grass. After an hour or so, I smelled something was wrong. Stopped the tractor and had a look around: hydraulic fluid was dripping on the front axle. Opened hood and WOW! the engine was soaked... Had enough fluid remaining to get back to the house. The elbow hose under the hydraulic fluid cooler was cracked, as was expected... I got replacement at the NH dealer (modification kit was not in stock: will get it next time the hoses need replacement).

I took the opportunity to replace both hydraulic filters (took care to buy the "winter" model, as recommended on TBN).

Il will continue to read TBN for sure, because what I learned already saved me a lot of money identifying these troubles.

/ Thanks to TBN, troubles resolved #2  
I spend about 30-60 minutes each morning reading threads here. Not only do I learn about my model tractor, but I get ideas and lessons on a whole array of topics and subjects. I have to warn you that the place is addictive.

Glad you got your tractor going!