Old operator, new owner, kinda excited!

/ Old operator, new owner, kinda excited! #1  

jackson0531

Tractor
case 580k
I've operated Case backhoes a lot over the last 20 years, but have always been fortunate that who I worked for always had new or nearly new, less than 500 hour machines. Today I bought a 580 Super K with 3900 hours that although looked a little rough, operated as strong and tight as any machine I've ever run. How many hours can I expect from a well maintained 580?

I've got to admit I'm a little excited about operating my own machine. It may not be shiny and new, but its mine!!:D

/ Old operator, new owner, kinda excited! #2  
I would suspect many more hours in that machine if it has been and is taken care of.

/ Old operator, new owner, kinda excited!
Thanks for the reply. I suspect so too. I always made sure the maintenance people got the machine assigned to me taken care of. It's been about 5 years I ran a 580, but today was like I had just shut it down the day before. I learned to operate having to watch for water, sewer, and the dreaded fiber optic lines. Being able to let the machine do what it does best, just dig, was a rare and simply fun time.
To this day I'm still amazed that so much power can run down a 2" plastic water line and not leave a scratch!
Yeah, I'm a little bit of a Case fan!!!