284 International

/ 284 International #1  

dustytools

Tractor
284 International, Case VAC, Farmall Super A, Case 446
Hello everybody, new guy here. Yesterday I purchased a 1983 284 with the 3 cylinder diesel engine. I would like to find an owners manual to this machine so that I can become a little better acquainted with it. Any help would be appreciated.

/ 284 International #3  
Heres more info: on where to get one.Hope it helped you.
Google

Boone

/ 284 International
Thanks for the info Bullbreaker.

/ 284 International
Here are a couple of pictures. 284 International.jpg

284 International (1).jpg

/ 284 International #6  
Nice looking 284.
Are you considering front weights because of rear mower?

/ 284 International
Nice looking 284.
Are you considering front weights because of rear mower?

Absolutley, I have searched the web high and low for a source for front weights for this tractor with no luck. I may just try to make a front bracket for some suitcase weights for now.

/ 284 International #8  
I just did the eBay thing & got parts and service manuals. I have a couple of the 274 models. The manuals cover each.

/ 284 International #9  
Another new guy here. Glad to see a recent thread on 284.

I have a 284 gas. It is a nice little tractor but it is near impossible to get parts.

I am now having a fuel problem. I can get it started but it only runs for 30 seconds before it sputters and dies. I am going to start by replacing the in-line fuel filter but does anyone have any other suggestions??

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

/ 284 International #10  
hi i am the proud owner of 2 284 internationals one gas one diesel. with your issue if the filter doesn't do it the carb may need adjusted they are very sensative. as far as the parts i agree but have located some sources.