ih 1066

/ ih 1066 #11  
You need the MCV (multiple controll valve) to get the low side to work. .

That's incorrect. Direct Drive requires hydraulic pressure and a sound direct drive clutchpack. Problems with regulated circuit flow or pressure will make a healthy TA default to TA mode and drive on the mechanical sprag. Any hydraulic TA that fails to drive at all has problems with the sprag as well as failure to lock up one or both clutchpacks for whatever reason.

If you are also loosing sterring and brakes, but the engine is still running, I would be leaning toward the pump for the MCV, or the MCV it self. Have you checked the pressure at the MCV? The procedure it in the IT manual.

One other thing to consider, hardly anybody looking to by a Farmall ever wants one with out a TA, so the generally bring 1-2 K less at resale.

That part is accurate.

/ ih 1066 #12  
it been road hard and put up wett i dont know how many hours is on it but its alot but i changed the fluid and changed the filters but i had a 7910 doing the same thing and it was the dual power thats why i asked was it the ta going out but i dont care about resale value because i probalbly will run it till it aint worth nothing and is just a parts tractor