Backhoe International 3514

/ International 3514 #1  

JonRoosevelt

Tractor
international 3514
I have a international 3514 tractor with a 3141 backhoe attachment on it. I pulled it out of a field got it running put it a new hydralic pump on it and a few new hoses, then i lost the cluch. Is this something that can be fixed easliy or is it junk now? It needs new tires so before i do that i want to know if i should fix it first. Any help is appricated. Thanks Jon

/ International 3514 #2  
I'm not familiar with your 3514, I have a 3444 TLB. I did install a cluth once. It was a lot of work, and the flywheel was so heavy that I had to lower it with a come-along. I didn't have to split the tractor tho. I built a trolley frame above the engine with a short section of I beam after removing the hood. I then removed all the components in front of the engine. Hydraulic pump for the backhoe, radiator, etc. I then unbolted the engine and with a come-along, and an I beam trolley I slid the engine foreward, and had enough room to remove the pressure plate, clutch, and flywheel. While I was in there I also replaced the throwout bearing. I had the pp resurfaced, and checked for spring tension. An additional spring was added. There were places for that, and it was an easy job bringing the pp back up to proper pressure. The flywheel was resurfaced, as well as the face of the pp. The metallic puck clutch disc I ordered did not fit the splines properly. So I returned it. While in the barn, I spied an old chevy clutch disc on the shelf, went and got it. The GM splines were exactly the same as the IH splines. Something like 1 1/8" x 10 splines. I then ordered from Jeg's a drag race metallic puck 12" racing clutch disc for $140. It was suppose to be good for 500hp. It was even more heavy duty than the IH one, and was more than half the cost. It has served me for the last 21 years without fail. If you decide to tackle this job. Post pictures if you can. You will receive a lot of help, and good advice from many people who have gone through these experiences. Just be prepared to get very dirty, and work extremely hard. Nothing on machines this size is easy.....it's not a CUT. It's a piece of real Industrial earth moving equipment. But OH WOW is it powerful. My IH3444 is a brute next to my TC48. The TC48 has more ground grip due to 4wd, but the IH3444 is just a brute force machine. It will crack through hard shale out cropping that the TC48 just glazes over. Good luck, and keep us posted. A few pics will help spark others interest also. We all love tractor ****. Good Luck, and report on any progress. IH3444