Int. 3588 trans. filler plug

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug #1  

wapitibuster

Tractor
Int 3588
I drained the transmission on my 3588. Now I can't find where to fill it with Hytran oil. My manual says I must pump the oil in but where? please help.

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug #2  
If my memory still works it's in the rear between the lift arms!

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug #3  
I was thinking the 2+2's used a 1066 transmission & rear end. If so, the hyd fill would be through a hole in the cab floor just in front of the seat; to the right of the tractor's center line.

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug
Thank you for the response. The filler between the lift arms is the hydraulics. I bet there is a filler under the floor. I'll look into it tomorrow.

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug #5  
The hydraulics and the transmission are common, when they went to the 86 series as well as the 88 they went to the rear so nobody had to spill the oil in the cab!

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug #6  
The hydraulics and the transmission are common, when they went to the 86 series as well as the 88 they went to the rear so nobody had to spill the oil in the cab!

OK.
They certainly are a common-sump machine.

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug #7  
Glad to hear there are some of theses tractors still running. I worked for my in-laws in the late 70's at their dealership. They also had farm ground. I had the chance to run the 88 series tractors. Ran a 3388 where I had been running a 1586. Ran the same speed pulling a large disc. The 33 did the same job with no wheel slip and about 3-4 gallons less fuel per hr. Loved those tractors.

Yes the filler in the back is common. It took 10 gal. of oil. I hooked it up to a 5 bottom plow but it didn't pull. It's in the shop waiting to to get split.

/ Int. 3588 trans. filler plug #9  
If you had drained it, it should take just over twenty gallons to fill it!

Thanks Art and all for the help. I filled up to a safe spot on the dipstick for the test drive. I didn't have a lot of faith in it to put more oil than that in it. (not a good thing to do but it saved some bucks) I'll split it after I replace a clutch in Dodge truck. Thanks again.