Case compact tractor operators?

/ Case compact tractor operators? #1  

ecoscaper

I'm ready to upgrade from my Kubota L38 40hp tractor to a 50-60 hp model, not totally loyal to Kubota, have checked out JD, and went to a Case dealer yesterday. Dealer was located right on an old farm out in the boonies, much different from the facny Kubota dealer castle! I must admit I liked the Case, looked at a farmall 45, w/cab, liked the stoutness of the tractor, the cab was imo the best out of the 3, the loader looked pretty hd. Just wondering if any one has recent expierience with a farmall compact 50 60hp model, don't know much about them but was impressed. Will be getting a quote from the dealer soon, see how they compare to JD and Kubota. Thanks for any info!

/ Case compact tractor operators? #2  
I've got a DX60 we got in March 09, it replaced a 1066 we had. I got the loader and a 74" snow-blower on her. I've done a bit of blowing, cultivating and loader work.

With a heavy load the rear wants to come up but other that that I really like the tractor. It's has R4's on her and rides good. I really like the shuttle shift on her, it's nice to pick your speed and never use a clutch all day.

I've also done a bit of mowing with a 8' flail mower.

I've got no complaints with her, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Holler if you have any questions.

Mark

/ Case compact tractor operators?
Thanks Mark, sounds like a good review! I'd be doing alot of loader work, does the loader operate smoothly? Do you know the lift capacity, I think the specs said 2500 at the pivot pt. Thanks,

/ Case compact tractor operators? #4  
My DX60 does not have loaded tires, but I tried to pickup a Woods s-106 side mower that weights about 1500 lbs and could not do it.

I have a bobcat type bucket a Berlon BEL-84 that I use for snow and dirt work, it weights about 623 lbs, with that fully loaded with dirt my rear is light. I'm using a John Deere flail mower (1100 lbs) for a counter weight and still keep the bucket low when full.

I did not know what a shuttle shift was and learned on the job, I actually tried using the tractor using the clutch and boy is it jerky if you don't watch it. It's nice to pick a speed and just go forward to reverse and it will take care of you.

Here is a shot of her ready to work.

IMG_0071Medium.jpg

/ Case compact tractor operators? #5  
I have to agree with Thumper, the case is light in the backside. I have a DX45 without loaded tires and I bring the back up with a fully loaded 6' bucket. I have a 6' Brush hog that I have been using as a counter weight until I build a ballast box for it. It has plenty of power and runs good. I looked at Massey, JD, NH and off name brands before deciding to go with the Case.

/ Case compact tractor operators? #6  
My DX45 has a cab and the rear tires are filled. I Think the tires being filled made the difference. I have not had a problem the bucket full. I have a grapple for thre FEL and have picked up stumps and logs that I were bigger than I thought I could lift and still the rear tires stayed on the ground. As for the Case DW45, I looked at JD, Massey, Kubota and Case. The cab on the Case is big and has onr of the selling points. For the money the I thought Case had more to offer as standard equipment and the JD are just priced to high around here. The Dealer I bought my Case from sells Kubota also. The Case is a very good tractor. I have 120 hours on mine and have had no problems.

/ Case compact tractor operators? #7  
I've got a DX33 with a LX114 loader. The loader does seem to hang out a fair ways over the front. With a heavy load, it's very obvious that the tractor is a bit light in the back end. This is expecially true if you don't have an implement on the back. Toss something on the back and load the tires even halfway and it's as solid as anything. I personally love the tractor. It's got a ton of features that the discount tractors just don't have.

/ Case compact tractor operators? #8  
My DX35 was light in the rear so I usually carry a box blade on the 3 pt. along with 100 lb. wheel weights. My next project is to build a ballast box to avoid carrying something bulky on the back. Overall I think Case makes a good tractor,although I have nothing to compare it to since it's my first one.

/ Case compact tractor operators? #9  
Who makes the engine in the farmall 45A?

Thanks,

Garry

/ Case compact tractor operators? #10  
I'm going to guess you bought a tractor already. However, I recently bought Case Farmall's 55 hp compact tractor w/loader. It has the L360 loader and I do have my rear R4's loaded. I started with them unloaded and moved to loaded, highly recommend. Never had trouble with the rear lifting since and I have been lifting approx. 3500 lbs water tanks. Not any higher than four feet but before that I could hardly lift them without the rear lifting. Love this tractor I have a 84" Roberge blower and it handles it perfectly. As well as a 12" post hole digger. You won't be disappointed.