IH 574 drawbar question.

/ IH 574 drawbar question. #1  

Stanley75

Tractor
Ford 961
Does anyone know the dimensions of the drawbar for a 574 IH tractor. I'm pretty sure the pivot pin is .950 other than that I don't know any other dimensions length, thickness, or width? My 574 has no drawbar and I'm trying to locate one for it. Thanks

/ IH 574 drawbar question.
Thanks Ken
I was hoping to pick up a used one. That is why I need the dimensions.
If I can't find used one I'll consider new. I have a feeling the shipping would kill me on a new one from Kentucky.
Stan

/ IH 574 drawbar question. #4  
Thanks Ken
I was hoping to pick up a used one. That is why I need the dimensions.
If I can't find used one I'll consider new. I have a feeling the shipping would kill me on a new one from Kentucky.
Stan

Well, We would drop ship from the closest warehouse to you and not KY. Ken Sweet

ttt....

/ IH 574 drawbar question. #6  
I have a Case IH 385, I think it's the same frame as yours. I took my draw bar off and put it up somewhere and can't put my hand on it right now. If I can find it I'll measure the pivot hole and get dimensions.

/ IH 574 drawbar question. #7  
I have a 574 out back. I am unsure about the term drawbar. If you mean the one that runs across the lower arms of the 3 pt hitch or the bar that acts like a trailer hitch, (runs front/back)? My machine has both so I will try to remove the "hitch" type and check all dimensions. Please note, it has never been off to my knowledge so could take a bit. The other drawbar was purchased at TSC and is fairly common.

/ IH 574 drawbar question. #8  
Not too hard to figure it out. Measure the anchor pin, that will give you the diameter of the front hole. The rear hole should be 1-1/8" or 1-1/4". Measure the clearance between the straps on the rear support, that is the maximum thickness. Width is measured between two bolts or pins dropped through the adjusting holes in the straps of the rear support. Rear hole needs to be centered exactly 16" behind the end of the 540 RPM PTO output shaft.

I have a 574 out back. I am unsure about the term drawbar. If you mean the one that runs across the lower arms of the 3 pt hitch or the bar that acts like a trailer hitch, (runs front/back)? My machine has both so I will try to remove the "hitch" type and check all dimensions. Please note, it has never been off to my knowledge so could take a bit. The other drawbar was purchased at TSC and is fairly common.

I was referring to the bar hitch. Takes a 9/16 wrench to get it off on the underneath side of the transmission. I have the 3 point stuff just no drawbar.
Thanks
Stan

Not too hard to figure it out. Measure the anchor pin, that will give you the diameter of the front hole. The rear hole should be 1-1/8" or 1-1/4". Measure the clearance between the straps on the rear support, that is the maximum thickness. Width is measured between two bolts or pins dropped through the adjusting holes in the straps of the rear support. Rear hole needs to be centered exactly 16" behind the end of the 540 RPM PTO output shaft.

I have no anchor pin. I have no straps to hold the bar down. I do have the swing bar pin bracket off and the hole measures .950. That tells me the rear bar hole could be less than an inch. If I have to drill a hole I need to know what size? the 16 inches does help me out, for bar length though. The rear hole size isn't a concern.
Thanks
Stan