Snow New to Forum

/ New to Forum #1  

djgill

Tractor
CaseIH235/MF316GTX
Hi everyone,
As I am new to the forum thought I would wade right in and ask for some advice.
I recently purchased a CaseIH235 with a bucket loader.
3Cyl Diesel hydro 4WDR.
Nice little tractor which runs good but needs some TLC.
What I would like to find out is what kind of front mounted snow-blower will fit my tractor?
I contacted a local Case dealer who said that a model 60 would fit and would only cost about $6000.00 for the unit.
Well that is a little step for me to snow-blow my driveway so does anyone have some suggestions.
I see that Case International made a 48FEB for the 235 but I have not been able to find one anyplace in my area which is Central NY.
Is there another model that I could try and find as I really do not want a rear mounted unit.
Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated. Darryl

/ New to Forum #2  
:welcome: to TBN!:thumbsup: With the blower thing, $6000 seems awfully high. Yes, the front mout is more convenient over the rear mount but how much snow are you planning to blow? :confused: When i was in the tractor market I did consider a 235 but ended up with a Yanmar 169d, (great tractor). What kind of tlc does your tractor need? Is it cosmetic or mechanical?

/ New to Forum
Most of the TLC is cosmetic and needs all the fluids changed. Otherwise run great.
I would use the bucket but I have two driveways to keep clear, mine and my daughters who lives next door.
Both driveways are about 1500 feet each as our houses are on a old Family Farm.
Getting tired of walking behind a snow blower and want to build a cab with heat and just sit and ride.

/ New to Forum #4  
Most of the TLC is cosmetic and needs all the fluids changed. Otherwise run great.
I would use the bucket but I have two driveways to keep clear, mine and my daughters who lives next door.
Both driveways are about 1500 feet each as our houses are on a old Family Farm.
Getting tired of walking behind a snow blower and want to build a cab with heat and just sit and ride.

I can understand that. My Dad's driveway is 1/3rd of a mile and it is totally miserable to clear snow off of. last time we had a major storm there was so much ice that we could not get the skid steer on the driveway (rubber tracks and snow don't mix) so we spent 2 days plowing on the 3720 until we had a narrow path to the top. Cab, i have always dreamed of one, never had one. Have you thought of making the bucket a quick connect and having an angle blade with skid shoes to plow your snow? I have used my angle blade to plow snow and it is great, gets the snow all to the sides. having something like that on your FEL you could apply down pressure and push the snow into large piles. With servicing, it is pretty simple. Cosmetics are just a matter of sanding, priming, and painting. I have restored multiple tractor implements, even a horse trailer, it only takes time.

/ New to Forum #5  
djgill welcome to tbn , I'm waiting patiently for a snow to fine tune my snow strategy .

/ New to Forum
I have a 55 farmall cub that has a blade and used this for years. Problem has always been that have to make sure I push te snow back far enough as in CNY one winter can have no snow and the next have three feet on the level.
Used a walk behind for awhile and now with this new old CaseIH235 want to be able to use summer and winter.
Have a friend who has a Kubota with a cab,bucket, front mounted blower.
Works all year round and when winter comes has to open the window as get too warm in the cab. Don't know how he takes the pressure of all that heat.
Anyways that why I was looking for some guidance on other models of front mounted blowers that may fit my case.