Buying Advice IH 444

/ IH 444 #1  

grimmreaper

Tractor
Kubota B7100
Hello all, just new to the site and have a question for you. I'm looking at at 444 for possible purchase. It has 3800 hours on it and looks as good as a tractor built in the 70's should. Price is 2800.00, which I don't think is out of line. Any coments or advice on one of these? Thanks

/ IH 444 #2  
Hello all, just new to the site and have a question for you. I'm looking at at 444 for possible purchase. It has 3800 hours on it and looks as good as a tractor built in the 70's should. Price is 2800.00, which I don't think is out of line. Any coments or advice on one of these? Thanks

Here are some being sold around U.S on tractor house.
INTERNATIONAL 444, Used INTERNATIONAL 444, INTERNATIONAL 444 For Sale At TractorHouse.com - Page 1

More info from T/D : TractorData.com International Harvester 444 tractor information

Also is that one for sale have a FEL on it ?

Boone

/ IH 444
No FEL , just the tractor.

/ IH 444 #4  
have had and used 3 for years, well first one was dads, (started on it at age 12). i love them , saying that here's some bad points: front end is a light for heavy loader work ( busted several spindels over the years moving dirt and 4/5 rolls of hay, it had a 2250 IH loader. the other has a light duty kelley FEL , spindels are fine but loader won't do a lot . the one i use now has no FEL. if not equiped with factory remote( if you want them) you can't buy the kit any more. you have to fab your own. but for the money they are a well balanced work tractor. this and 50 cents might buy a cup of coffee.

/ IH 444
Thanks Travis

/ IH 444 #6  
have had and used 3 for years, well first one was dads, (started on it at age 12). i love them , saying that here's some bad points: front end is a light for heavy loader work ( busted several spindels over the years moving dirt and 4/5 rolls of hay, it had a 2250 IH loader. the other has a light duty kelley FEL , spindels are fine but loader won't do a lot . the one i use now has no FEL. if not equiped with factory remote( if you want them) you can't buy the kit any more. you have to fab your own. but for the money they are a well balanced work tractor. this and 50 cents might buy a cup of coffee.

The 2250 loader was never built to be on that size tractor!!! Good reason for broken spindles, it was like carring a full load without one with way more capacity then the tractor was built for!