Buying Advice JX75 Opinions?

/ JX75 Opinions? #11  
On the neighbours the glowplug button (which isn't where the manual says it is) is so stiff in cold weather you need something stiff to force it it. I'm not sure it does anything either as there is no feedback than the tractor is running the glow circuit. She just plugs it in a few hours before she needs to start it now.

Below freezing it won't start on its own.

/ JX75 Opinions? #12  
Thanks for your reply. My tractor does not have a "plug in" option. It does have the button to push in, but I can't tell that it helps much in cold weather. My tractor starts slow even if the temps are above 60 degrees. Someone told me that the injector timing might be off. It only has 360 hours.

On the neighbours the glowplug button (which isn't where the manual says it is) is so stiff in cold weather you need something stiff to force it it. I'm not sure it does anything either as there is no feedback than the tractor is running the glow circuit. She just plugs it in a few hours before she needs to start it now.

Below freezing it won't start on its own.

/ JX75 Opinions? #13  
It would be odd for the timing to be off but possible. Some pumps have a cold start timing adjust.

/ JX75 Opinions? #14  
Check earth strap from battery to body,make sure it is direct on the body and not to the battery holding bracket plate.

/ JX75 Opinions? #15  
I know this thread is old, but I'm glad you didn't buy it! I HATE mine! I bought this tractor brand new. We have had it for a few years now. The main problems I find with it are: hydraulic pumps (have had to buy 5 of them within 3 years @ 600$ a piece) the a/c unit won't hold a charge! (have to recharge it every year), also we had to put a new ac unit in after the second year of owning it! The windshield washer pump also quit working! Also the hood is faulty (it popped up one day while baling hay, came off of its hinges and shattered the windshield! I will never buy a case again! I'm going with John Deere from now on. By the way mine is the standard jx75 2wd. Trust me I check the hydraulic level every time I use it!

/ JX75 Opinions? #16  
I don't know much about the newer Case machines, saying that my Dad ran Case his whole life and loved them, mostly 580 Backhoe CK series and a couple of 450 Dozers. They are easy to work on and run hard if you keep them up. At one point there were 5 in the yard, lots of different operators, as long as we maintained them they ran strong. When he passed away last April we still had 2, both late 80's and running strong. Too bad you had some bad luck with your new machine but I still feel Case are great. I just picked up an old Case 310-E last month and she is still going strong. Better luck next time DSC02367.JPG

/ JX75 Opinions? #17  
I've got a 3yr old JXU 85, almost 300hrs on it now (not much, I know), has been trouble free, except for wire/solder connecting electronic shift button needing to be resoldered.
Sorry to hear yours has been such a problem.