Buying Advice JX75 Opinions?

/ JX75 Opinions? #1  

KWentling

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX22, Kubota ZD21, Kubota M7060
I have found a used JX75 MFWD with cab on a dealer lot that I think would fit my uses well. I haven't inquired at the dealer yet, but was wondering if anyone can comment on this tractor or JXs in general. I searched and found a little info but there doesn't seem to be many owners here. Maybe some updates from the current owners? This tractor has an "Alamo" loader on it. Anyone familiar with one of those? Currently that is a negative in my mind, as I would rather have seen a factory loader on it. Its run off the remotes and that would have to change. Would those tractors of had a factory joystick option?

Kim

/ JX75 Opinions? #2  
No factory joystick. Don't know the loader. The neighbours have a JX 75 that I've put some hours on, nice nimble tractor.

Not fancy, but good basic tractor, left hand sync reverser, 12 speeds, dry clutch. 3 point is plenty strong.

/ JX75 Opinions?
Thanks for the reply Slowsuki. I read elsewhere that the reverser is two pedals on the floor, and I believe I saw those two pedals on the floor of this tractor. I wonder if there was more than one transmission offered, or was the tractor you ran possibly a JX75C? Those had more options, better cab, etc. It sounds like the JX has a standard transmission which requires clutching between all shifts and forward/reverse. I've about talked myself out of this tractor, but would appreciate more info if anyone has it. I should have spent more time looking at it, but was a little pressed for time. I'm looking to move up from a 1977 Case 2WD powershift thats bigger than I need and don't what to take a step back in technology.

Kim

/ JX75 Opinions? #4  
I've had a JX80 now for a bit over a year. Has been a very reliable tractor and does the odd jobs I need it for pretty well without much maintenance - mowing, baling, blading snow, log splitting. etc. It has had a few minor things like the front steering cylinders were both leaking, but dealer replaced under warranty. Fuel gage works sporadically. Has never failed to start even in below zero this winter. Pretty fuel efficient, but I don't work it very hard.

Had an IH 756 before this and this is definitely a more handy tractor, but it is hard to beat some of the features of those old jewels.

/ JX75 Opinions? #5  
No the neighbours is the basic JX, the only pedals on the floor are accelerator, split brakes, clutch and diff lock. I don't know of any other transmission on them. The reverser is a floor mounted as in it is a stick coming up from the floor vs the little flip lever on the dash of some tractors.

Thanks for the reply Slowsuki. I read elsewhere that the reverser is two pedals on the floor, and I believe I saw those two pedals on the floor of this tractor. I wonder if there was more than one transmission offered, or was the tractor you ran possibly a JX75C? Those had more options, better cab, etc. It sounds like the JX has a standard transmission which requires clutching between all shifts and forward/reverse. I've about talked myself out of this tractor, but would appreciate more info if anyone has it. I should have spent more time looking at it, but was a little pressed for time. I'm looking to move up from a 1977 Case 2WD powershift thats bigger than I need and don't what to take a step back in technology.

Kim

/ JX75 Opinions?
No the neighbours is the basic JX, the only pedals on the floor are accelerator, split brakes, clutch and diff lock. I don't know of any other transmission on them. The reverser is a floor mounted as in it is a stick coming up from the floor vs the little flip lever on the dash of some tractors.

I got a reply to an email from the dealer. He claims this is a JX1075. I'm relatively sure that it said "JX75" on the side, but it was behind the loader arms, so maybe I didn't see it right. I suppose the nameplate could have a further indentification number also. I can find listings on TractorHouse for JX1075Cs but nothing for just a JX1075. This tractor has a small pedal just behind the brake pedals, and another further rearward from that one. From what I have read, I took those to be for the reverser. At the time I looked at it I thought one would be a diff lock and the the other possibily a foot throttle. The price he is asking jives with a 1075C. Would be 6 or 8 thousand high for a plain JX. At his point I need to get more information on what that tractor really is from the dealer. It's about a hundred miles away so I can't just stop by and take a look.

Kim

/ JX75 Opinions? #7  
I'm the owner of JX60 open station tractor. I have had it for close to three years now without any issues. It has a JX720 loader so can't comment on that part. Lots of dirt moving, along with plowing(three bottom white 508), disking and planting. It has been a good tractor.

/ JX75 Opinions?
Well, I was going to go back over this afternoon and find out for sure what it was, but they have sold it. Having looked at pictures of the interior of both 75s and 1075s, I still think it was only a 75, but I'll never know now. Too bad it got away. I think it was just the right size. The search continues. Thanks for the comments on the JX tractors.

Kim

/ JX75 Opinions? #10  
I have a JX75 that I bought about 3 months ago. It has never started as guickly as the Case IH 885 that I had before. It had a fuel leak at the bottom of the fuel/sediment filter which I fixed. I had hoped that would help the starting, but it did not. I starts slow the first time it is started each day. It does not matter if the weather is hot or cold. Any help would be appreciated.