3-Point Hitch case 380 landscaper

/ case 380 landscaper #1  

Russell Brown

Tractor
case 380 landscaper
Hello I am looking to purchase an case 380 landscaper loader the 3pt hitch has a counter weight hanging on it and has'nt been used for awhile and cant get it to operate. The hitch is in the up position. Any sugestions
Thanks.

/ case 380 landscaper #2  
Russell,

If the 380 has Selectamatic 3ph, there's a lever on one side of the rockshaft that locks the lift in the up or "transport" position. It's a black, curved lever. To let the 3ph down, you must push the 3ph control lever back until you hear the engine load and see the 3ph raise just a fraction of an inch. While the 3ph is up this extra bit you can turn the lock lever into "normal operating" position to allow the 3ph to function.

See the diagram below: Item #15.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Attachments

• 001CSC-142823.gif
    001CSC-142823.gif
    39.1 KB · Views: 816
   / case 380 landscaper #3  
Hello I am looking to purchase an case 380 landscaper loader the 3pt hitch has a counter weight hanging on it and has'nt been used for awhile and cant get it to operate. The hitch is in the up position. Any sugestions
Thanks.

I have one. The 3pt hitch selectamatic sure is complicated. I have been trying to get mine to work for a while now but and going to seriously tackle it this month before spring rolls around. You probably want to first start with checking/flushing/replacing the transmission filter and fluid. Then if that doesn't fix it, remove the valve chest and make sure the valves are cleaned and in good working order. If you want, give me your email and I can send you a bunch of information that I have collected over the years

/ case 380 landscaper #4  
By the way, I just want to say that even though the 3pt hitch has not been working since I bought the tractor, it is a very nice and powerful machine. Post up some pictures of yours!

]

/ case 380 landscaper #5  
I just read your post and I could sure use some of that information you have been collecting, lust bought a used 380 loader/landscaping tractor and need to do some work on it before I use it, my email is tugboat318889@yahoo.com. Thank you