Really Squeaky Brakes 706 and 1066

/ Really Squeaky Brakes 706 and 1066 #1  

Barry Bowen

Gold Member
Tractor
706 IH, 1066 IH, and 301A JD
This one is starting to drive me crazy. I replaced the friction material discs on my 706 and my 1066 this winter. I put a sander on my 4" grinder and cleaned the steel surfaces as best I could, getting rid of the glaze etc. for the new discs to run on. Both tractors worked great at first, but have redeveloped the screeching noise as they come to a stop. It is also taking more pedal pressure to get them to stop. They are both also screeching when I have to hit the right brake to swing the tractor through a tight turn. What did I miss?

/ Really Squeaky Brakes 706 and 1066 #2  
This one is starting to drive me crazy. I replaced the friction material discs on my 706 and my 1066 this winter. I put a sander on my 4" grinder and cleaned the steel surfaces as best I could, getting rid of the glaze etc. for the new discs to run on. Both tractors worked great at first, but have redeveloped the screeching noise as they come to a stop. It is also taking more pedal pressure to get them to stop. They are both also screeching when I have to hit the right brake to swing the tractor through a tight turn. What did I miss?

They are wet brakes so the only thing I'd say is the fluid is probably not right for them!!!!

/ Really Squeaky Brakes 706 and 1066
No, they are dry. It was not until the 86 series that IH went to wet brakes.