international planter plates

/ international planter plates #1  

viper3ca

Does anyone know which plates for an international harvester 56 planter are the best for planting peas and beans.

/ international planter plates #2  
What type of bean are you planting?

I have not planted peas but these are a couple of the plates listed for peas:
3127A a 24 cell plate edge drop needs no filler plate
3231A a 38 cell plate edge drop needs no filler plate

These are the original IH steel plate numbers. You can check out Lincoln Ag Products they list soybean plates if that is what you need, soybean plates should work for peas depending on their size. They list a plate for IH their number C-SOY (22cell which they say is the SAME AS IHC3127) plus two other that are 24 and 38 cell plates. I would not recommend the 38 cell plastic plate because that would make the part of the plate between the cells fairly small and they will probably eventually break or bend over time.

I plant Great Northern and Pinto beans with IH 295 planter units and your planter will use the same plates. If that is the type and approximate size beans you are planting, I can look to see what the number is on the plates I use. Lincoln Ag Products doesn't list plates for that type of beans, might call to find out if they are available. I doubt if the steel plates are still available through CaseIH, and if they are I'm sure they will lighten your checking account.

Hope this helps,

/ international planter plates #3  
We have sold many plates for corn for those planters but at this point we like to match the seed to the hole and not trust the labels on bags for the plate applications.

To take even a pencil and put it on the edge of the plate and to put a seed in the slot and be sure only one fits! The second will normally get damaged, if the one seed is not fitting into the whole right it might hold back and not drop when it is meant to.

/ international planter plates #4  
The plates I use for Great Northern and pinto beans are 3302A.

/ international planter plates
I am planting Fresh Market peas and Beans.Have a 2 row International 56 planter that I use for sweet corn and an older 250 model.Have lots of plates and was wondering which are the best for planting peas and beans.In the past I have been just using a little push seeder which is ok if you are planting in very dry soil but it is a very wet year up here in Ontario and would like to give it a try with the planter if I could get the right plates.Thanks for the info!!