maxxum 5150 case IH

/ maxxum 5150 case IH #1  

stevden

Tractor
maxxum 5150
I have a 1993 model 5150 maxxum it has been an excelent tractor till now. The power shift only works in 4th most times nothing in 1st.2nd.3rd.(orange light comes on in the dash).
How do I identify if there is a problem with a control valve on the RH side near the battery?
Or could it be a solinoid or other electrical problem?

/ maxxum 5150 case IH #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TractorByNet.com! :)

I have moved your thread to the Case-IH Forum. You'll get a better response there. ;)

/ maxxum 5150 case IH #4  
Sounds like the 4th powershift pressure switch has failed. When you shift to the other powershift speeds the tractor still thinks that there is pressure in the 4th
There should be four solenoids and four pressure switches behind the battery box.
I can't remember if the 4th is the top or the bottom, but I believe they are marked C1 - C4.
You could swap the 4th pressure switch with one of the others and see if the problem moves to the speed that you moved the 4th to. Mark them so you don't get confused.

/ maxxum 5150 case IH #5  
The order of the solenoids and pressure switches on the powershift valve are as follows from top to bottom: 3,1,2,4.

/ maxxum 5150 case IH #6  
i worked on one one time that cow poop had got under the cab and corroded some connections.

/ maxxum 5150 case IH #7  
I have a 1993 model 5150 maxxum it has been an excelent tractor till now. The power shift only works in 4th most times nothing in 1st.2nd.3rd.(orange light comes on in the dash).
How do I identify if there is a problem with a control valve on the RH side near the battery?
Or could it be a solinoid or other electrical problem?

Which light comes on the Clutch Disengage or Check Trans ?