International 424 aux valve question

/ International 424 aux valve question #1  

Jeff424

Tractor
International 424
My 424 has 2 aux valve levers under the seat which control valves located to the left of the seat. The right lever is no longer opening it's respective valve. I can move the lever up and down but I see no action at the valve. It looks like it just rotating on the shaft under the seat but is not actually attached to the shaft. Is there a drift pin or a set screw that attaches the lever to the shaft? Does it attach some other way? I can lift the seat to inspect but nothing seems really obvious. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!
Jeff

/ International 424 aux valve question #2  
My 424 has 2 aux valve levers under the seat which control valves located to the left of the seat. The right lever is no longer opening it's respective valve. I can move the lever up and down but I see no action at the valve. It looks like it just rotating on the shaft under the seat but is not actually attached to the shaft. Is there a drift pin or a set screw that attaches the lever to the shaft? Does it attach some other way? I can lift the seat to inspect but nothing seems really obvious. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!
Jeff

I've got a 2424 (industrial model of the 424) I'll take a look tomorrow..

/ International 424 aux valve question #3  
Sorry Jeff, haven't been near the IH these last two days, I'll look after work tomorrow.

/ International 424 aux valve question #4  
Not sure if this link will work or not.

Official Case IH Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Parts Search and Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

If it doesn't work use this link.
Official Case IH Parts Store and Case IH Catalog for Parts Search and Parts Look Up. Case IH Parts for Case IH Tractors, Case IH Combines, Case IH Tractors, Case IH Manuals, Case IH Parts

Enter your model number "424"

Select "Hydraulic System"

Then select "147 HYDRAULIC SYSTEM, AUXILIARY VALVES AND CONNECTIONS"

I think #30 is your issue.

If you can't get them to work ship them and all associated parts to me and I make good use of them. :laughing::p;):confused2:

/ International 424 aux valve question
The parts pages is one of the first places I looked but it didn't show how the lever actually attaches the shaft. Thanks for the help!

/ International 424 aux valve question #6  
I looked through my manuals and other info I have on it, but no luck. I took pictures of the valve knobs left and right to make sure of what your asking.

1st pic right side, 2nd left.

Attachments

• 6-27-11 001.JPG
    6-27-11 001.JPG
    855.2 KB · Views: 662
  • 6-27-11 002.JPG
    6-27-11 002.JPG
    873 KB · Views: 898
Thanks for the pics Irwin. The valves I am talking about are different from the ones you show. I actually have 2 levers that are on top of the hydraulic fluid case and come out right under the seat. From your pics I can tell you do not have this option. I appreciate your help! Looks like I just need to take stuff apart and dig a little deeper.

/ International 424 aux valve question #8  
Jeff saw this pic on Tractor House it shows the linkage.

Attachments

• 91803360.jpg
    91803360.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 1,251
   / International 424 aux valve question #9  
new to this how many remotes is there on the 1965 424 tractor i have a freeman front endloader and it work off the same controls as the rear and it makes it hard to run the rear 3 point is there another place i can hook up the front end loader any help on this
thanks John

As far as I know, the 424 has no remotes unless they are the optional front and rear auxiliary valves. 1 set goes to the rear of the tractor and 1 to the front. If you have the control levers located under the front if the drivers seat then you have the aux valves. I'm sure they could be added but sourcing the parts might be difficult. Review the files that have been attached to this thread for more info and compare to your tractor.