Found! Cheap Air Filter For Case IH 1140

/ Found! Cheap Air Filter For Case IH 1140 #1  

Richiemagoo

Tractor
Case IH 1140
Hey Everyone!
Just wanted to put this out there for anyone who may be searching:

I purchased a Case IH 1140 a few months ago, and I LOVE it! Unfortunately, parts and maintenance items for these tractors are outrageously expensive- and few alternatives to dealer items are out there.

I drew the line when it came to the $148 my local Case-IH dealer wanted for a lousy air filter! (I may"ve been born yesterday...but it wasn"t at night!)

I scoured the internet and tractor/auto parts stores for weeks...and I finally found a more common air filter that will work with only a teeny modification! Cost of this filter: $30 at my local NAPA dealer.

It"s the NAPA 6368
https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?A=FIL6368_0316209764&An=0

or Donaldson 814723
https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?section=10063&item=13108

The only differences between these filters and the OEM Case-IH, are that these have a thicker foam gasket on the bottom instead of the skinnier rubber gasket, and the lid (top) is slightly different at the edge.

The differences can be overcome in one of two manners:

1) Apply a strip of foam 3/8" weatherstripping on the underside of the lid, around the perimeter; insert filter into air cleaner and tighten wing bolt. The weatherstripping seals the small gap between the lid and the cleaner housing, which exists because of the thicker bottom gasket and because of the slight difference in the lid edge.

or...

2)Use a hammer to remove the lid from your old OEM filter- it"s just held on by friction- albeit, a tight fit. Then remove the lid from the new cheap filter and put your old lid on it. Then, remove the foam gasket from the bottom of new filter and use some rubber cement to glue on the rubber gasket from your old OEM filter...and VIOLA[sic]! Fits PERFECTLY!

NAPA also sells the hydraulic filter for these tractors...slightly cheaper than the Case dealer.

Don"t be held hostage by Case-IH dealers! (If I ever decide to buy a new tractor, as much as I like the Case-IH and the fact that they make a similar model to my tractor, I would NOT buy that brand, just because of their outrageous part prices!)

Hope this helps a few people out there....