New Case IH Owner

/ New Case IH Owner #1  

RubiconTJ

Tractor
Case Farmall 31
After a long search I bought my first tractor - a brand new Case IH Farmall 31. I got the beast for the fantastic price $15,400 with the FEL included.

I spent over three months looking at all brands - JD, NH, Case IH, Kubota, Cub Cadet... even Mahindra. Two dealers could sell at prices others in my area couldn't touch. At those dealers I had the choice between Cub Cadet and Case IH. In the end it was a no-brainer, since the Case was so much more tractor for the money. I got the Case from Haney Farm and Ranch for $12,000 less than what the local dealer quoted.

Bottom line is I am really stoked that I got this tractor for so cheap, and it is nearly identical to my dad's NH TC33, which I am already familiar with.

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

/ New Case IH Owner #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN! Congrats on your new purchase. :thumbsup:

I moved your thread to the Case-IH Forum.

/ New Case IH Owner #4  
:welcome:

Beautiful machine there- I always have preferred a red tractor, other things being equal. I know you'll get a lot of work and pleasure from that Case.

PH

/ New Case IH Owner #5  
I've got a DX33 with the LX116 loader on it and love it also. Will do pretty much anything that I want it to so far.

/ New Case IH Owner
Yeah, they are great for their size. I've been dragging around oak tree trunks that are 20' long and 30" diameter with no problems.

/ New Case IH Owner #7  
Rubicon -
I watch the Tractorhouse.com site quite a bit and have seen the great prices Haney Farm, there in GA., advertises. In 2008 I traded my Kubota BX2230 in for my Farmall 31. The Kubota gave me absolutely no problems, but I knew I was working it hard and wanted to go up in hp. I would not have had a problem going Kubot again, but the Kubota dealer couldn't offer me the financing deal that CASE could (that, and we really like red tractors). I've got over 600 hours on the 31 and it gets used for just about everything.... hay mowing duties, hay wagon moving, lawn mowing, horse manure removal, snow blowing/ moving... you name it.

I've had two issues with this tractor that the dealer hasn't been able to help me figure out; both developed right about the time the warranty expired. We live in So. Dakota, winters can get brutally cold; even though I keep the tractor in the barn, when it's cold the hydraulics take a few minutes to warm up and operate smoothly. The second issue: without rhyme or reason when I am driving the thing (forward or backward) there will be the loudest squeal coming from the gearbox until I let up on the hydro pedal. Sometimes I can use the tractor for a day... a week... a few weeks without getting the squeal and then out of the blue it comes on. Doesn't matter if it's summer or winter. I've changed fluid and filters, checked fittings on all the lines to makes sure there's no air getting into the system, but to no avail. And there's no way I can let the dealer have it to try to find the problem because they could have it for a week and the problem not show itself.

Having said this, I'm at a point where I can consolidate from the two tractors I have, to just one so I will be trading my 31 and my '63 706 in for a new Farmall 55A MFWD. I need less machinery to maintain.

Hope your 31 is doing all that you want it to be doing for you ..... and then some. lol

/ New Case IH Owner #8  
congrats on your purchase.... who makes that for them ? you said it was like a NH is the same base machine? just curious I bought my kubota from a case dealer who sold both but had no farmalls on the lot

/ New Case IH Owner #9  
Very Nice ...

/ New Case IH Owner
The second issue: without rhyme or reason when I am driving the thing (forward or backward) there will be the loudest squeal coming from the gearbox until I let up on the hydro pedal. Sometimes I can use the tractor for a day... a week... a few weeks without getting the squeal and then out of the blue it comes on. Doesn't matter if it's summer or winter.

Just curious... this may have no bearing, but have you looked at the front driveshaft as the source for the squeal? My dad's NH started squealing, and once the driveshaft was greased it quit.