Oil & Fuel Over heating ?

/ Over heating ? #1  

erjunnky107

Tractor
Ford 8210
New to all of this ! Hope it's in the right spot ! We recently had to replace our 1973 1830 case skid steer. On a tight budget we bought a used 1980's 1835 b case skid steer the hubby took his daughter to go pick it up everything worked great ran like a dream his daughter drove it all over the lot get it home and couldn't even get it off the trailer. Our hired man got it up and running and off the trailer but since then we have replaced : rubber lines, fuel filter, fuel pump, points, and a few other things I can't remember. The problem is it runs fir about 5 mins and then quits we have been watching it and it starts starving for fuel any ideas ?

/ Over heating ? #2  
Would there be a chance the fuel tank vent tube is plugged?

/ Over heating ?
Don't know I will have him check as soon as we fix the now broken water main !!!!!

/ Over heating ? #4  
Had a simlar problem once looked all over and came to find out there was a hole/crack in the fuel line going to the fuel pump drove us crazy till some one told us that tip if you find that is your problem you had best change the fuel filter again after you replace the fuel line hope this helps. Paul

/ Over heating ?
Thank you very much for your advice sorry it has taken me so long to say that but thank you

/ Over heating ? #6  
Thank you very much for your advice sorry it has taken me so long to say that but thank you

Hi" Again:
want to add this to to my story our vacuum leak was in the worst place you could think of and that's what made it so hard to find it was above the fuel tank near the outlet port (36 Gal. tank) , and of course the tank was almost full. How we found it was by applying air to the fuel line at the fuel pump to start our check and saw a puff of dirt blow up and out above the fuel tank needed a flashlight and a skinny arm reached around with great difficultly and was just able feel the pressure leaking out. what was happening in our case was the line would suck air but worse of all as road dirt and dust collected in the area above the tank it would suck it in eventually plugging the fuel filter. Thus stumble>clogged fuel filter>stall. So just like you changed the filter and it would run for a while sometimes longer than others and than stumble. Hope's this story helps. Paul

/ Over heating ?
You symptoms sound very VERY similar but we are also finding out that it runs great cold then as it heats up it starts to die and back fire we think it is vapor locking it's self ! I will work on checking it out for a leak like you suggested thank you very much for your time

/ Over heating ? #8  
Our problem did not care if it was hot or cold nor time it would last 1st we thought it was the fuel pump so we changed it and the filter and it ran fine than just when thought we had it whipped it went down again so started changing fuel filters We tried to find a leak in the system by applying air to the fuel tank and checking the lines but they appeared ok it wasn't till we went and applied the air pressure to the fuel line at the pump that we saw the the dust /dirt stir and that was by luck as that is where my son started looking and found the leak as I applied the air as I said before a real tight area. Any way what's the whloe story I hope it help's and wish you luck in finding your problem. Paul