Broke my IH 574

/ Broke my IH 574 #1  

Avondale

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35 and Kioti NX6010
It just broke. Was lifting with medium sized load on FEL while stopped, heard a clunk and tractor dipped to starboard. Parts on order and repair should be done by weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 579
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 514
   / Broke my IH 574 #2  
Good tractors but they do break.

/ Broke my IH 574 #3  
That's a shame but at least it didn't happen while you were moving or on a slope/uneven grade that could have caused a real issue when it snapped. Looks like an easy fix too, appears like the knuckle should come out with little issues. Don't know if you have a manual but if not, you can look at a parts diagram here Case IH 574 INTERNATIONAL SERIES-A TRACTOR and see what the associated parts and internals look like when she comes apart...as I said, not much to it but always nice to know ahead of time exacly what parts and design details look like.

/ Broke my IH 574 #4  
It happens to 656's too... Did this one unloading a bundle of fence posts. Load shifted coming off the trailer, and put a shock to the right side... Cracked like a rifle.

Once I had the parts, maybe a 1/2 hours to be back in business... Seemed it took longer to gather up the tools, than do the job. I think there may have been a coffee and smoke break in there somewhere too...

Attachments

• DSC01425.jpg
    DSC01425.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 355
   / Broke my IH 574
I have the manual though it seems like a straightforward task. Parts man told me biggest job will be the woodruff key can be tough to get out on older models. He suggested plenty of pen-oil in advance of the actual job.