Case 580B question

/ Case 580B question #1  

scesnick

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I have a 580B backhoe that spun bearing last yr. We pulled the motor and fixed it and now the motor runs just fine. But, It seems that it developed a pretty good leak right where the motor and the bell housing connect. It is hydro fluid not engine oil.
I am certainly no mechanic but isn't that area dry and therefore it doesn't need a gasket? Why would I have hyro fluid leaking from there.

Also, the backhoe didn't seem to want to move too well, especially in higher gears, like most older hoes. So, I changed the terrible looking hyro oil ( hy-trans untra)with new. It seemed to help a bit. But, I did not change the hydro filter. I can't seem to find the part # for it. Would changing this filter also help the hoe backhoe move easier or would it just be minimal? Thanks.

/ Case 580B question #2  
Power shuttle models show a gasket in between the engine, and torque tube.

Probably best to go to Case Construction, and determine which particular model 580B you have.

CASE

Click on "parts and service", in the menu bar, then "search for parts." Type in your model number, then have a look see, and find what you have.

Attachments

• 001CSC-147727.gif
    001CSC-147727.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,286
   / Case 580B question #3  
Did you replace the front shaft seal?

We always count on replacing the front transmission seal any time a engine is split for the transmission.