Tractor
    IH 244

Default IH 244 doesn't want to go

This is a new tractor for me and I'm told that there's a hydraulic speed set-up for the drive, but I have an IH 244 that has stop moving in 2nd and 3rd ranges all gears, It only will move in 1st (low) range 1st or reverse gears and that's asking a lot. The clutch is ok, because the PTO has no problem. Any help?
    jimeboy

Tractor
    IH 244

Default Re: IH 244 doesn't want to go

I want thank all of you who helped me out. So many replies, it was over whelming and really appreciate the help.

Silver Member

"Sarcasm" is the lowest form of wit ??????

Tractor
    IH 244

There is nothing more beautiful than sarcasm. That is definitely an overstatement but it should balance the moronic comment which says that sarcasm is the lowest form of humor?
    Humor!!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    International Harvester 284, Yanmar 1401D, Yanmar 240, and others...many others...

Quote Originally Posted by jimeboy View Post
    ...definitely an overstatement but it should balance the moronic comment ...
    There is no reason for that kind of talk here, whether it was intended to be humorous or not. It isn't funny, cute, or in jest. Cyrush has posted and shared many extremely beneficial things to members here. He is an IH "insider," if you will.

I'm sure he is a big boy and can take care of himself, but a family-friendly forum is no place to be name calling and throwingout slurs, whether you meant it as a joke or not. Nobody is under any obligation to help anyone else here, but the community works because of an overall positive, helpful, polite group of people who enjoy problem solving. If anybody who knew how to help you encountered your post, I'm sure they would have commented.

Maybe a service manual has some troubleshooting tips if you're desperate. There are some for a reasonable price on a popular internet auction site. I'm sure the free shipping, slow as it might be, would have taken less time than the six months between your first question and the snarky follow up.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    IH2400 Belarus 250AS Ford 3000 JD110 JD210

I was also real surpised myself to get absolutely no replies to an earlier problem I posted some time ago. I just figured no one knows my tractor, maybe there just isn't that many people in the forum or I posted in the wrong place. I wouldn't think there is some kind of high school club kinda thing goin on where you have to say just the right things but I do know a golf cart forum that's just a total joke like that. I'm an elite member in another forum and I could personally care less about whether someone might have an attitude or not. In fact, I want to hear criticisms or problems we need to work on or make understandable.