Default small anti-freeze leak

I have a small anti-freeze leak, on my dx33, and am thinking if it is similiar to the problems with the new holland, cold leak?

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: small anti-freeze leak

No reason to think it isn't the same problem; it is the same tractor built at the same place. Typically, the block drain fitting had no sealant applied to its tapered threads at installation. This has been going on sporadically since the last of the NH 17/1920 production. You'd think it would be an easy one to solve, but then........................

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

Rick, what is the proven fix??? On my old Ford 1720 I think I used a combination of super blue silicone sealant and teflon tape, and I think the present owner (my Dad) says it's still holding. My TC 40D was fixed by the dealer with the new plug and some thread sealant paste and now one year later it's leaking again. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

I reseal the original fitting with about 4 wraps of teflon tape. Works well so far.