IH Cub Lo-Boy

/ IH Cub Lo-Boy #1  

jonnieboobaats

Tractor
1969 IH Cub Lo-Boy
Hi There,
My Name is John I have just purchased a 1968 IH Cub Lo-Boy .
There is smoke coming out of the oil breather. How can I cure this?
Thanks

/ IH Cub Lo-Boy #3  
Hi There,
Thanks
Welcome to TBN! Post your question in the IH forum or one of the other related forums and you will get some responses.

Good luck.

/ IH Cub Lo-Boy #4  
Welcome to TBN

If the engine has recently been overhauled the rings could not be seated properly. To do this you will have to put some load on the engine/rings. Open the throttle up all the way and then let it slow down. This will load the rings and help seat them.

Another reason why it could be doing this is the rings are warn causing blow by where gasses get into the crankcase and are exiting through the breather.
If you have a compression tester you can take a look and see if the rings are gone or if one cylinder is lower in compression then the others.

/ IH Cub Lo-Boy #5  
I just bought a1968 loboy cub with a fast hitch and i find they is all of difference between them one can anyone tell me where can i find out about the wiring onit with a key start and a what finish mower deck i can use under it

/ IH Cub Lo-Boy #6  
Hi There,
Thanks

Welcome to TBN. Join the fun:thumbsup:

Sounds like a blowby problem--bad piston rings. You can try some of the oil additives that may reduce the problem. But if there is a lot of smoke, you're facing a fairly major engine repair job.

Do a compression test to see if it's rings or valves.

It's possible to replace the rings without splitting the tractor to remove the engine. Drain the oil, remove the oil pan, remove the head so you can get to the pistons. Replace the rings, hone the cylinders, reinstall the pistons, head gasket, head and oil pan.

Good luck