IH 584 hydraulics

/ IH 584 hydraulics #1  

Deerlope

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 03: RTV 900
Gentlemen I have done seaches on Google until I am almost blind looking for a pic of a power beyond plate for a IH 584. Could someone please post a pic of one. I just got a new to me 584 and the loader is plumbing thru the rear remotes there-by rendering them almost useless. Afte many searchs on google I find there is this power beyond plate I can use instead of the remotes. There is a plate on the side of the remotes that has one outlet in it that will flow hyd oil. It this the PB plate?

/ IH 584 hydraulics #2  
i put one on a 684 international ,about 20 years ago.if i remember correctly it bolts on the side of the valves.it is just a plate with a hole in it .the plate i took off did not have any holes in it. i can not remember if the return was in the plate or somewhere else.

/ IH 584 hydraulics
i put one on a 684 international ,about 20 years ago.if i remember correctly it bolts on the side of the valves.it is just a plate with a hole in it .the plate i took off did not have any holes in it. i can not remember if the return was in the plate or somewhere else.

Thank you sir that bit of info its a big help

Last edited:
   / IH 584 hydraulics #4  
I've attached a picture of the Power Beyond block, or cover as they call it on the CASE/IH parts page.

Here is the part number they give for the kit. 114566C91

Copy and past the part number to a search engine such as Google, or go directly to Messicks, that advertises on here, and do a search on the part number. Messicks shows it still available, and cost shown as like $304.00.

If you want to look for a used one, go to TractorHouse:Used Tractors For Sale at TractorHouse.com: John Deere Tractors, used farm tractors and farm equipment, tractors for sale, Case IH, New Holland, Agco, Kubota, and you can place a parts search request. You will see it in the menu at the top left, in red. You will have to register with them with contact info.

You usually get a response from salvage yards, either by email, or phone call within 36 to 48 hours. Although it may be a little slow this week, and/or next.

Hope this helps..!!

Attachments

• 584 power beyond kit.gif
    584 power beyond kit.gif
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,500
   / IH 584 hydraulics #5  
Here is the part number, that replaced the number I posted above. 123082C2

If you Google this number, you'll get like 180 hits, on listings and discussions on this PB cover, from other forums, etc...

/ IH 584 hydraulics
I've attached a picture of the Power Beyond block, or cover as they call it on the CASE/IH parts page.

Here is the part number they give for the kit. 114566C91

Copy and past the part number to a search engine such as Google, or go directly to Messicks, that advertises on here, and do a search on the part number. Messicks shows it still available, and cost shown as like $304.00.

If you want to look for a used one, go to TractorHouse:Used Tractors For Sale at TractorHouse.com: John Deere Tractors, used farm tractors and farm equipment, tractors for sale, Case IH, New Holland, Agco, Kubota, and you can place a parts search request. You will see it in the menu at the top left, in red. You will have to register with them with contact info.

You usually get a response from salvage yards, either by email, or phone call within 36 to 48 hours. Although it may be a little slow this week, and/or next.

Hope this helps..!!

The plate on the side of my looks very much like the pic except mine is round, is held on with 4 bolts. For a return I thought I might just hook into the transmission fill pipe.

/ IH 584 hydraulics
Well what I thought was a PB plate is not. I hooked to loader up and nothing moved. So I will remove the plate and take it to my dealer and ask him what it is, if it not a PB plate.

/ IH 584 hydraulics #8  
On my 656, I have to lock the one remote handle in the detente position (forward on mine) to get fluid to the power beyond outlet.

/ IH 584 hydraulics
I don't know what the answer is right now but for the time being I will have to hook it(loader) back into the rear remotes DARN.There is so little info still left out there about these tractors. It would be ashame to scrap this one because all it ever did was scrap out a freestall barn. The cow manure wore out one bucket so it now has an almost wore out 5-1/2' footer on it. Soon to be a used 6" JD. Thank you for your help and at some point I will get this figured out. Then I will try to find this post and let you know how I made out.

/ IH 584 hydraulics #10  
I think the parts illustration is inaccurate. Conceptually it is fine. Typical of a parts book.
check out this item on ebay: USED INTERNATIONAL 74/84/85 SERIES 4 BOLT POWER BEYOND | eBay

We have classic Farmalls and a 685 CIH which is a newer generation of the same thing but it uses different hydraulic valve design. I don't have the experience with those 84 series and older Doncaster models that I wish I did, but I think the difference is that the factory plate has two holes in it and the power beyond loader plate has just one. The factory plate returns the remotes in neutral back through the casting to the reservoir, and the power beyond plate sends that flow to the external valve and then to the reservoir. You could probably modify your current plate to plug the unnecessary hole--an allen pipe plug perhaps?
hope the ebay pic helps.

karl f