Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4

/ Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4 #1  

wirfeld1

Tractor
Case/Farmall 35 Hydro
My Farmall 35 (hydro) has less than 100 hrs. Just recently it started making a very noticeable noise when using the 4x4. It sounds like a kazoo. Local Case dealer suggested that I check to ensure that I changed the Hydro filters at 50 hrs. I changed them again today to be safe. It made no difference. It comes and goes, but seems to be affected when using the pedal to go forward and reverse. Any thoughts? I'm sort of afraid to use it until I figure this out, and I need to use it for snow removal.

Update... This noise happened again today while in 2x4. I guess that eliminates 4x4 issues.

Last edited:
   / Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4 #2  
Sometimes it does this when under load. Where you doing anything that the tractor could have been working a little harder than usual? It'll sound like a whine...

/ Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4
Sometimes it does this when under load. Where you doing anything that the tractor could have been working a little harder than usual? It'll sound like a whine...

No. I was not working it hard. Just scraping 3 inches of snow with the rear blade. This noise was much louder that the whine you mention. However, I have not heard the noise the past two time that I used it. I'm hoping that it stays this way... Thanks for you advise!

/ Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4 #4  
I see that you stated it happens in 2wd and 4wd but it wouldn't hurt to grease the front driveshaft tube. Usually the tractor will make a similar noise when the front driveshaft needs lubed.

/ Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4
I see that you stated it happens in 2wd and 4wd but it wouldn't hurt to grease the front driveshaft tube. Usually the tractor will make a similar noise when the front driveshaft needs lubed.

Thanks for that thought. Actually I recently lubed the entire tractor, to include the front driveshaft. To my pleasure the noise has not returned. You may very well have nailed this one... I certainly hope so.