Default Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4

My Farmall 35 (hydro) has less than 100 hrs. Just recently it started making a very noticeable noise when using the 4x4. It sounds like a kazoo. Local Case dealer suggested that I check to ensure that I changed the Hydro filters at 50 hrs. I changed them again today to be safe. It made no difference. It comes and goes, but seems to be affected when using the pedal to go forward and reverse. Any thoughts? I'm sort of afraid to use it until I figure this out, and I need to use it for snow removal.

Update... This noise happened again today while in 2x4. I guess that eliminates 4x4 issues.
    Last edited by wirfeld1; 01-15-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Deere

Default Re: Farmall 35 noise while in 4x4

Sometimes it does this when under load. Where you doing anything that the tractor could have been working a little harder than usual? It'll sound like a whine...

Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    Sometimes it does this when under load. Where you doing anything that the tractor could have been working a little harder than usual? It'll sound like a whine...
    No. I was not working it hard. Just scraping 3 inches of snow with the rear blade. This noise was much louder that the whine you mention. However, I have not heard the noise the past two time that I used it. I'm hoping that it stays this way... Thanks for you advise!

Bronze Member

I see that you stated it happens in 2wd and 4wd but it wouldn't hurt to grease the front driveshaft tube. Usually the tractor will make a similar noise when the front driveshaft needs lubed.

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchguy View Post
    I see that you stated it happens in 2wd and 4wd but it wouldn't hurt to grease the front driveshaft tube. Usually the tractor will make a similar noise when the front driveshaft needs lubed.
    Thanks for that thought. Actually I recently lubed the entire tractor, to include the front driveshaft. To my pleasure the noise has not returned. You may very well have nailed this one... I certainly hope so.