DX33 roasting my safety start module.

/ DX33 roasting my safety start module. #1  

Gnomeplant

Tractor
Case DX33
Hello all,
I am new to this tractor as I it does not belong to me. However I am running it and right now it is down. This is what happened. I was moving it out of the driveway to get the trailer out and when we were ready to load the tractor up it wouldn't start. I had heard a zizzle then a popping noise. It made me think someone had put a larger fuse than should have been in it. It sounded like a wire melting then a part popping. After 3 days of troubleshooting I found a safety start module failure. I replaced it and the tractor started up on the first turn of the key.

Then we put the tractor back together and I turned the key and the same thing happened. When I turn on the right turn signal I get a parking light battery light and oil light that all stay on. The glow plug light is working as it should. I have no idea why it is the right turn signal that is causing this.

Any help would be awesome. This tractor has the new circuit breaker off the starter.

/ DX33 roasting my safety start module. #2  
These tractors seemed to have a starter circuit issue. I know that some people replaced the fuse with a larger one. This seemed to make the problem worse. I had my tractor melt a few ignition (key) switches. The solution is to put a relay inline so that the ignition switch triggers the relay that triggers the starter solenoid. I believe that the safety module is wired "before" the ignition switch. There are a number of threads on here that cover this if you do a quick search. It's a simple wiring job and should only take an hour or so. The relay should cost about $10 at any local auto parts store.

If you end up needing help with it, I'll be happy to guide you through.