IH 300 Utility

/ IH 300 Utility #1  

duckwhacker

Tractor
ford 3000 / IH 300 Utility
Looking for opinions or advice about repairing Torque Amplifier. Can find very little detailed information. Would love to have tractor back to original. Uncle bought it new in 1956 and I inherited this year. With a little bit of TLC have it running great. Not that I do it very often but will start with first crank with hand crank. All opinions are welcome and appreciated.
Greg

/ IH 300 Utility #2  
I took mine to a neighborhood mechanic, but it's not a real terrible job to do, not overly expensive. Was worth it for me. :)

--->Paul

/ IH 300 Utility
Paul
Thank you for your response. Was wanting to take on the project myself. Was hoping to pick up a little info before starting the project. Again thank you.
Greg

/ IH 300 Utility #4  
Paul
Thank you for your response. Was wanting to take on the project myself. Was hoping to pick up a little info before starting the project. Again thank you.
Greg

Just picked up a basket case Utility 300 myself, and in searching for info, found this site:

Tractor Tech - Binder Planet Forums

Not as active as this site, but they only talk IH. So the guys in the tractor forum there are all IH owners, and i read a lot about the TA's on there. Sadly, my recent find does not have the TA option. There is also a guy that sells rebuilt complete TA units on Ebay, but it aint cheap.

Steve W.