Case-IH Farmall 45A

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
Does anyone have any experience with the Farmall 45A? I'm looking at a simple utility tractor to mount a mid mount post pounder to and to use for tedding and raking hay. Just a 2wd bare bones unit.

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A
The prices I received so far for this tractor as a pure stock model are $14,600 and $16k from two of my local dealers.

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A #3  
Does anyone have any experience with the Farmall 45A? I'm looking at a simple utility tractor to mount a mid mount post pounder to and to use for tedding and raking hay. Just a 2wd bare bones unit.

Yes bought one last year and love it no issues.
Looking at aa 75 A as I type this

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A
Yes bought one last year and love it no issues.
Looking at aa 75 A as I type this

Thanks, thats what I was hoping to hear. I haven't heard back from any of the Kubota dealers yet for pricing comparable models so I am going to call my local dealer tomorrow and see if I can get the price close to the other dealers.

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A
I ended up buying the 45A. The dealer is going to mount my post pounder on it so i should get it around April. I bought it from LaPorte Case-IH in Westfield, NY and paid $15,100 for a bare tractor with custom fender extensions to keep the vines from catching the tires. I'm looking forward to getting this tractor dirty. I will take a pic of it when I go pick up my controller when it shows up.

Last edited:
   / Case-IH Farmall 45A #6  
I ended up buying the 45A. The dealer is going to mount my post pounder on it so i should get it around April. I bought it from LaPorte Case-IH in Westfield, NY and paid $15,100 for a bare tractor with custom fender extensions to keep the vines from catching the tires. I'm looking forward to getting this tractor dirty. I will take a pic of it when I go pick up my controller when it shows up.

Price sounds right in the ballpark of what I paid last year. I traded a 485 in on it
I am looking currently at a 75A farmall with front wheel assist. Hope I like that one as well

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A #7  
These seem to be really good tractors. They're similar to the TT lineup from new holland. Looking forward to seeing this pics and reading a report about it when it arrives and you have had a chance to do some work with it!

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A
Price sounds right in the ballpark of what I paid last year. I traded a 485 in on it
I am looking currently at a 75A farmall with front wheel assist. Hope I like that one as well

They seem like a very good tractor with plenty of standard options that I would have wanted (telescopic lower links and stabilizers, rear remote, shuttle...) The price of these tractors new sure does make it hard to justify buying used if your looking for a simple 2wd utility tractor.

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A
These seem to be really good tractors. They're similar to the TT lineup from new holland. Looking forward to seeing this pics and reading a report about it when it arrives and you have had a chance to do some work with it!

I will update this thread with pictures as I get them. When it does arrive I have 33 acres of vineyard to repair broken posts in so it will get put to work immediately and when I get some hours on it I will update it again and hopefully it will help others who are looking at them.

I think the TT changed to the Workmaster line. They are basically the same tractor but I don't deal with my local NH dealer and I don't want any of the locals here thinking I do so I refuse to buy any more blue tractors. Thankfully I can still get them in red paint :D

My daughter thinks this is great, she said we can use this one in the summer time and the new bota in the winter since that has a cab. She forgets about the other ones now because she likes the fresh paint and is more fond of red and orange then blue.

/ Case-IH Farmall 45A #10  
They seem like a very good tractor with plenty of standard options that I would have wanted (telescopic lower links and stabilizers, rear remote, shuttle...) The price of these tractors new sure does make it hard to justify buying used if your looking for a simple 2wd utility tractor.

wow I didn't realize these came with telescopic lower links! that's something you find on premium tractors usually. I know in the John Deere 5D/E series the telescoping links are like $900 to add on. I agree, the used prices sure do make it a bit easier to justify buying new these days it seems.