Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Case-IH Farmall 45A

Does anyone have any experience with the Farmall 45A? I'm looking at a simple utility tractor to mount a mid mount post pounder to and to use for tedding and raking hay. Just a 2wd bare bones unit.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: Case-IH Farmall 45A

The prices I received so far for this tractor as a pure stock model are $14,600 and $16k from two of my local dealers.

Tractor
    CIH

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_in_NY View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the Farmall 45A? I'm looking at a simple utility tractor to mount a mid mount post pounder to and to use for tedding and raking hay. Just a 2wd bare bones unit.

Yes bought one last year and love it no issues.
    Looking at aa 75 A as I type this

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by veggies1 View Post
    Yes bought one last year and love it no issues.
    Looking at aa 75 A as I type this
    Thanks, thats what I was hoping to hear. I haven't heard back from any of the kubota dealers yet for pricing comparable models so I am going to call my local dealer tomorrow and see if I can get the price close to the other dealers.

Tractor

I ended up buying the 45A. The dealer is going to mount my post pounder on it so i should get it around April. I bought it from LaPorte Case-IH in Westfield, NY and paid $15,100 for a bare tractor with custom fender extensions to keep the vines from catching the tires. I'm looking forward to getting this tractor dirty. I will take a pic of it when I go pick up my controller when it shows up.
    Last edited by Robert_in_NY; 02-27-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Tractor
    CIH

I ended up buying the 45A. The dealer is going to mount my post pounder on it so i should get it around April. I bought it from LaPorte Case-IH in Westfield, NY and paid $15,100 for a bare tractor with custom fender extensions to keep the vines from catching the tires. I'm looking forward to getting this tractor dirty. I will take a pic of it when I go pick up my controller when it shows up.
    Price sounds right in the ballpark of what I paid last year. I traded a 485 in on it
    I am looking currently at a 75A farmall with front wheel assist. Hope I like that one as well

Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

These seem to be really good tractors. They're similar to the TT lineup from new holland. Looking forward to seeing this pics and reading a report about it when it arrives and you have had a chance to do some work with it!

John Deere 5325 MFWD

John Deere 910A 54" 7-Iron PRO deck

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by veggies1 View Post
    Price sounds right in the ballpark of what I paid last year. I traded a 485 in on it
    I am looking currently at a 75A farmall with front wheel assist. Hope I like that one as well
    They seem like a very good tractor with plenty of standard options that I would have wanted (telescopic lower links and stabilizers, rear remote, shuttle...) The price of these tractors new sure does make it hard to justify buying used if your looking for a simple 2wd utility tractor.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RollingsFarms View Post
    These seem to be really good tractors. They're similar to the TT lineup from new holland. Looking forward to seeing this pics and reading a report about it when it arrives and you have had a chance to do some work with it!
    I will update this thread with pictures as I get them. When it does arrive I have 33 acres of vineyard to repair broken posts in so it will get put to work immediately and when I get some hours on it I will update it again and hopefully it will help others who are looking at them.

I think the TT changed to the Workmaster line. They are basically the same tractor but I don't deal with my local NH dealer and I don't want any of the locals here thinking I do so I refuse to buy any more blue tractors. Thankfully I can still get them in red paint

My daughter thinks this is great, she said we can use this one in the summer time and the new bota in the winter since that has a cab. She forgets about the other ones now because she likes the fresh paint and is more fond of red and orange then blue.

Tractor
    John Deere 5325 & John Deere 910A 22hp Kawasaki/54" deck

They seem like a very good tractor with plenty of standard options that I would have wanted (telescopic lower links and stabilizers, rear remote, shuttle...) The price of these tractors new sure does make it hard to justify buying used if your looking for a simple 2wd utility tractor.
    wow I didn't realize these came with telescopic lower links! that's something you find on premium tractors usually. I know in the John deere 5D/E series the telescoping links are like $900 to add on. I agree, the used prices sure do make it a bit easier to justify buying new these days it seems.

John Deere 5325 MFWD

John Deere 910A 54" 7-Iron PRO deck

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast