Case IH JX75

/ Case IH JX75 #1  

Beef99

Tractor
Case IH JX75
I need to replace the battery in my JX75. The dealer wants $340 for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper alternative? I have checked with several auto parts stores and they cannot find a match for it.

Also, can anyone tell me the New Holland equivalent to the JX75?

Thanks

/ Case IH JX75 #2  
Have you tried doing a Google or eBay search using the part number? You would be surprised what you might find.

/ Case IH JX75 #3  
I need to replace the battery in my JX75. The dealer wants $340 for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions for a cheaper alternative? I have checked with several auto parts stores and they cannot find a match for it.

Thanks
I believe a NH TD75 is basically the same. The NH part# is something like F915 or F915DSW. It is used in many NH tractors, TD's, TL's, TS's T6000's etc. The cab tractors may have used a slightly higher amp hour rating but basically the same battery. You might have to move the neg cable to a different grounding bolt.

The battery is an oddball Group EU456 and hard to find. A battery for a BMW car should fit, it's just a little shorter. Here is a link to one Interstate for BMW:
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/...-48/H6|BMW_525i|2007_Standard+Battery_L6/3.0L) You will see it looks like the NH/Case battery.

Of course it's a car battery so it may not take the vibration as well but if you can find a cheaper one at Autozone or Walmart or something it might do the trick for a lot less $$. If you have an Interstate distributor near you, take them the measurements and they may be able to set you up with a commercial duty battery. I would not want to spend over $300, so would probably go with the European car battery replacement.

/ Case IH JX75 #4  
We are replacing the outrageously expensive F915DSW (New Holland p/n) and the F910DSW batteries with BNH49MFW (also a NH #)which has a few less CCA than the 915 but has worked out well in 3 and 4 cylinder tractor applications.

/ Case IH JX75
Thanks for your responses. I will check into the BMW battery.

/ Case IH JX75 #6  
Downslope is on the rght track. I've got a car battery in my DX33 and haven't had any problems. The vibrations may kill it earlier as sometimes the plates vibrate loose and will touch each other. tractor batteries are usually "potted" at the top and bottom to prevent this. You should be fine though. Nearest I can figure, you can go through 3 car batteries before replacing one factory tractor battery.

/ Case IH JX75 #7  

(1) Download this guide.
(2) Measure your battery.
(3) Match BCI Guide number to the size and type of your battery.
(4) Order replacement battery :D

The EU456 is a "Wet" battery. I don't see any reason to spend $360 when, in all likelihood, an appropriate substitute will perform equally as well for 1/3 the price.

Link: "http://parts.cat.com/cda/files/3049510/7/PEGP7801-06.pdf"

/ Case IH JX75 #8  
I got a jx65 i got a interstate battery for mine.think it was for a merecedes