Case 580E Backhoe injector pump

/ Case 580E Backhoe injector pump #1  

Zulu

Tractor
Case, cat, farmall, MF, John Deere
Trying to fix a 580 that has stood for At least 4 years, owner took off the injector pump and sent away for repair. It has been on the shelf still wrapped up since then.

I assume the repair facility would leave it ready for #1

How do I set tdc on this tractor, not worked on diesel but plenty gas engines

The hole has a flange with a keyed hole, but I assume I still need to set engine to correct position as the pump will not be n same position after rebuilding.??

Thanks

First of many questions as we have at least 6 tractors to get running.....

/ Case 580E Backhoe injector pump #2  
does it have a cummins 4bt in it

/ Case 580E Backhoe injector pump
Not sure, but will confirm that in the morning. All he had was the operators manual , in front of me now, but it says Case 4-390 , 69 HP

Yes it is a Cummins, CDC 4.390 non turbo engine, which I assume is the BT.

It is the 580 Super E model

Any ideas on setting the timing ?

/ Case 580E Backhoe injector pump #5  
yes I should be able to help you out, have a couple questions then we should be good to go.

Thanks for the help, will be working on it Sunday, owner will drop off the pump later tomorrow.

/ Case 580E Backhoe injector pump #7  
I have an old 680 case with a a267d engine, wanting to time the injector pump and have not done this before, thinking it will run, got the engine from a salvager, seems ok they said that 2 of the cylinders were not firing and we needed to change the pump from the old engine how do you do this, can a backyarder tackel this job and succeed? I ahve done the roosa master injector pump- on my 7.3 ford and it was ffairly dooable.